Using another INITQ than SYSTEM.CHANNEL.INITQ
AkBar Dar
2013-12-13 20:56:58 UTC
Is there a way to another INITQ to Start the channel, when message arrive? All I know that SYSTEM.CHANNEL.INITQ will have to be the Initiation Queue. When I setup any other Queue as INITQ, Channel does not start.

I have

DEFINE QLOCAL(adtest) TRIGGER INITQ(ADTEST.QL)
USAGE(XMITQ) TRIGDATA(AD1.TO.AD2)

QUEUE(ADTEST.QL) TYPE(QLOCAL)
ACCTQ(QMGR) ALTDATE(2013-12-13)
ALTTIME(14.06.53) BOQNAME( )
BOTHRESH(0) CLUSNL( )
CLUSTER( ) CLWLPRTY(0)
CLWLRANK(0) CLWLUSEQ(QMGR)
CRDATE(2013-12-13) CRTIME(14.06.53)
CURDEPTH(0) DEFBIND(OPEN)
DEFPRTY(0) DEFPSIST(NO)
DEFSOPT(SHARED) DEFTYPE(PREDEFINED)
DESCR(initiation queue description) DISTL(NO)
GET(ENABLED) HARDENBO
INITQ( ) IPPROCS(0)
MAXDEPTH(5000) MAXMSGL(4194304)
MONQ(QMGR) MSGDLVSQ(PRIORITY)
NOTRIGGER NPMCLASS(NORMAL)
OPPROCS(0) PROCESS( )
PUT(ENABLED) QDEPTHHI(80)
QDEPTHLO(20) QDPHIEV(DISABLED)
QDPLOEV(DISABLED) QDPMAXEV(ENABLED)
QSVCIEV(NONE) QSVCINT(999999999)
RETINTVL(999999999) SCOPE(QMGR)
SHARE STATQ(QMGR)
TRIGDATA( ) TRIGDPTH(1)
TRIGMPRI(0) TRIGTYPE(FIRST)
USAGE(NORMAL)

And

Regards,
AkBar Dar

Telecommute Day: Wednesday

Disclaimer This e-mail, and any attached file(s), is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender or call UI at 203-499-2222 and delete this message immediately from any computer. Any other use, retention, dissemination, retransmission, printing or copying of this e-mail or its contents (including any attached files) is strictly prohibited.

Neil Casey
2013-12-13 21:55:06 UTC
Hello,

You can use a different INITQ. There is an option on the runmqchi command to specify the INITQ that you want it to use…

See http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r5/topic/com.ibm.mq.ref.adm.doc/q083400_.htm

In theory, you could also write your own version of the channel initiator, which would listen for the messages and start the channels, but I don’t know why you would want to do that.

Regards,

Neil
--
Neil Casey
Senior Consultant | Syntegrity Solutions

+61 414 615 334 neil.casey-VLLIzlmz+***@public.gmane.org
Syntegrity Solutions Pty Ltd | Level 23 | 40 City Road | Southgate | VIC 3006
Analyse >> Integrate >> Secure >> Educate
Post by AkBar Dar
[...]
List Archive - Manage Your List Settings - Unsubscribe
Instructions for managing your mailing list subscription are provided in the Listserv General Users Guide available at http://www.lsoft.com
Paul Clarke
2013-12-13 22:13:08 UTC
Would you like to say why you want to use a different initiation queue ? What problem are you trying to solve ?

Cheers,
Paul.

Paul Clarke
www.mqgem.com

AkBar Dar
2013-12-14 02:36:02 UTC
I have couple of transmit queues which are associated two different Sender channels. I just want to make sure that appropriate Sender starts, when message arrives on the queue.

This is why was looking for an other queue.

Regards,
AkBar Dar

________________________________

________________________________

Neil Casey
2013-12-14 02:42:48 UTC

You really don’t want to do it that way.

The channel initiator is designed so that you have 1 process monitoring the initq for all channels. This keeps the overheads low (only one process to support all channels). Correct configuration of the channels and transmission queues will ensure that the correct channel is started in response to the need.

The trigger message contains the original transmission queue name and various other information. You can either include the channel name in the TRIGDATA of the transmission queues, or you can leave it blank and MQ will find a channel which has that transmission queue, and start that channel.

Regards,

Neil

Paul Clarke
2013-12-14 07:57:18 UTC
It is not necessary to have a channel initiator per channel and, to be honest, it is not possible to maintain segregation. Although you can ensure that different initiators will receive different trigger messages you can not guarantee that any RETRY processing will not be done by ‘the other’ initiator. For many people it is also just not feasible to have a channel initiator for every defined channel, some people have thousands of sender channels. Since the workload on a channel initiator is very low a single channel initiator should be all you need no matter how many channels you have. So, my advice would be to keep things simple. Just stay with the default settings.

Cheers,
Paul.

Paul Clarke
www.mqgem.com