MQ Clustering question..
Coombs, Lawrence
2013-09-13 17:16:49 UTC
This is a sand box MQ environment where we experiment.

I have a new MQ Administrator who has been learning MQ clustering by doing. Well, he deleted a queue manager that was a full repository for a cluster without following the recommended steps in the manual.

I now have a queue manager that is a partial repository that has knowledge of a cluster queue that was hosted by these two FRs.

Question: Is there a way to delete this information from the partial repository? When I do a dis qcluster(*) I still see these queues as being available on these deleted queue managers. When I do a put the messages stay on S.C.T.Q.

This message, including any attachments, is the property of Sears Holdings Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries. It is confidential and may contain proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it without reading the contents. Thank you.

LM Demey (MQ)
2013-09-13 17:26:52 UTC
Is there an other Full Repo in the cluster ?

If YES, do a RESET CLUSTER from the FR with the name of the dead Queue
Manager.
If NOT, ... too bad.

HTH.
Post by Coombs, Lawrence
[...]
Luc-Michel Demey - Freelance WAS & WMQ Expert
http://www.demey-consulting.fr/ - lmd at demey-consulting dot fr

Coombs, Lawrence
2013-09-13 17:30:51 UTC
NO. the two FRs are deleted.

________________________________

T.Rob
2013-09-13 18:50:37 UTC
Actually, Reset Cluster removes the entry from the FR. A Refresh Cluster
REPOS(YES) removes it from the PR.

[...]

_____

Manage Your List Settings
<http://listserv.meduniwien.ac.at/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=mqser-l&A=1> -
Unsubscribe
<mailto:LISTSERV-0lvw86wZMd9k/bWDasg6f+***@public.gmane.org?subject=Unsubscribe&BODY=signoff%
20mqseries>

Instructions for managing your mailing list subscription are provided in the
Listserv General Users Guide available at http://www.lsoft.com
<http://www.lsoft.com/resources/manuals.asp>

LM Demey (MQ)
2013-09-13 20:03:20 UTC
Oups ...

May be you can delete all objets and params cluster related in your FR.
And / or you can wait 60 days, your PR will forget about this dead cluster.

There is also unsupported methods to recreate the FR QM and altering the
QMID with a special tool but ...
NO. the two FRs are deleted.
Behalf Of *LM Demey (MQ)

Potkay, Peter M (CTO Architecture + Engineering)
2013-09-14 00:31:50 UTC
So there is no more viable cluster.

On the Partial Repository, alter any clustered queues to not be clustered, do the same for the cluster receiver and cluster sender channel, and then issue the REFRESH CLUSTER command using the REPOS(YES) option. That should cause this partial repository QM to purge any and all info it had about the previous cluster it was a member of.

Other queue managers in the (former) cluster may still know about this partial QM and the clustered queues it used to host.

Peter Potkay

[...]

This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.
Coombs, Lawrence
2013-09-14 00:58:18 UTC
The two repositories have been deleted.
The manually defined cluster receiver and sender channel have also been deleted.
The refresh cluster(xxx) repos(yes) command does not work.

I think I will have to wait 90 days for this situation to clear up.

2013-09-14 13:04:35 UTC
"The refresh cluster(xxx) repos(yes) command does not work."

Command won't run?
Command runs but throws an error?
Command runs, completes successfully but desired results not achieved?

Totally unsupported, use at your own risk:
Back in the early days of MQ clustering, MQ 5.3, early CSDs, MQ clustering was flaky. More than once we need to take a sledge hammer approach to get a QM to start fresh. What we did was get disable the SYSTEM.CLUSTER.COMMAND.QUEUE. That would cause the Repository Manager to end, releasing its exclusive lock on the SYSTEM.CLUSTER.REPOSITORY.QUEUE, allowing us to clear the SYSTEM.CLUSTER.REPOSITORY.QUEUE. Then we would restart the QM which would also restart the Repository Manager. At this point the QM was unaware of any clustering details. Having one message in the SYSTEM.CLUSTER.REPOSITORY.QUEUE at this time is normal. And then we would add it back into the cluster normally adding the cluster receiver and cluster sender channels, and the clustering whatever queues we wanted.
I suppose you might want to try this method to flush out that SYSTEM.CLUSTER.REPOSITORY.QUEUE if the REFRESH CLUSTER command won't work.

If this is a play queue manager I would go for it, otherwise PMR time. Or like you said, wait the 3 months.

Peter Potkay