Header Information on z/OS
essteam-ntQ8I44N4zM@public.gmane.org
2013-11-10 16:26:44 UTC
Can someone refresh my memory ...
I seem to recall on an MQ GET I can obtain the Header Information along with the data. Is this an option on the OPEN or on the GET ? Do I specify a value on the Mesae Descriptor,that I want the Header along with the Data on an MQGet ?
This is on z/OS.

paul

Bob Juch
2013-11-10 17:26:56 UTC
What sort of message are you GETting? A standard message just
populates the MQMD with the values from the header.

Bob Juch
Juch Services LLC
Neil Casey
2013-11-10 21:17:24 UTC
Hi Paul,

If you mean JMS type header (message property) information, then that should be available using the MQINQMP call.

This has been available since MQ 7 when the API doubled in size from 13 calls to 26.

You will of course need to create a handle to the message first (MQCRTMH) and delete the handle once you are done with it (MQDLTMH).

If instead you want to receive the complete message including RFH2 or RFH style headers in your message buffer, then that is an option as well. Check out the PROPCTL attribute of the local queue that you receive the message from. Older style programs which expected to be able to process the RFH2 header from a JMS application need to have this attribute set properly in order to function in V7.

Regards,

Neil
--
Neil Casey
Senior Consultant | Syntegrity Solutions

+61 414 615 334 neil.casey-VLLIzlmz+***@public.gmane.org
Syntegrity Solutions Pty Ltd | Level 23 | 40 City Road | Southgate | VIC 3006
Analyse >> Integrate >> Secure >> Educate