How to make channel processes run in fastpath connection mode
Costa, D. (Damian)
2013-07-24 09:25:02 UTC
HI all,
I just got a nasty surprise to discover that even though I've setup the env variable MQ_CONNECT_TYPE=FASTPATH for the mqm account on an AIX server the channels are not actually starting as FASTPATH connections.
The variable is set in the .profile file for mqm account.
MQMON is indicating that their connection is shared and not fastpath. Also the listener is not running in fastpath mode and I though having that variable set would make it run FASTPATH connected as well?

Did I miss something when trying to get the channels /listener to run as fast path connections?

Thanks.

********************
Nedbank Limited Reg No 1951/000009/06. The following link displays
the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary.
[ http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm ]
This email is confidential and is intended for the addressee only.
The following link will take you to Nedbank's legal notice.
[ http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/EmailDisclaimer.htm ]
Paul Clarke
2013-07-24 09:34:37 UTC

To control the way in which channels connect you should be setting
MQIBindType in the QM.INI. Please see
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.mq.csqzae.doc%2Fic12700_.htm
(or similar)

You can use MQ_CONNECT_TYPE to 'downgrade' the requested connection type if
required.

Cheers,
P.

Paul Clarke
www.mqgem.com

Costa, D. (Damian)
2013-07-24 09:58:49 UTC
Ok that worked thanks! I thought one could not use both the var env and the qm.ini stanza at the same time?
So I should only use the chl stanza one and drop the env variable?
Paul Clarke
2013-07-24 11:06:37 UTC
The MQIBindType setting affects only channels and tells the channels what
type of connection to attempt to make.

The MQ_CONNECT_TYPE should affect all applications I believe. However, the
channels make a special type of connection to the Queue Manager and it is
just possible that they bypass the MQ_CONNECT_TYPE check. Essentially if you
are trying to control the channel behaviour I would stick to just using the
MQIBindType setting since that is what it is designed for.

Cheers,
P.

Paul Clarke
www.mqgem.com
[...]