MA0W support pack question [INTERNAL]
Wood, Dan
2013-06-26 19:25:39 UTC
I've had success using this support pack with MQ client V7.5, but haven't been successful with MQ client v7.0.1.3. When I try to trace an MQ client v7.0.1.3, I don't get any output created. The documentation says it's backward compatible, so has anyone else had luck using the current version of MA0W with an older version of MQ client?

Tim Zielke
2013-06-26 22:01:51 UTC
Hi Dan,

I believe the ability to use an API exit for an MQ Client was added in 7.1 and higher. That could be your issue with the supporpac not working with a 7.0.1.3 client.

I believe the MA0W doc is mentioning that here:

Supported environments
API exit interface at client side is newly provided by WebSphere MQ V7.1. This interface can be used when MQ
client program is connected to queue manager via SVRCONN/CLNTCONN channels.

By the way, thanks for mentioning this supportpac. I have been looking into the possibility of using an API exit to capture MQI response times in the distributed environment, and this supportpac might be an option. I need to look more into it.

Thanks,
Tim

Glenn Baddeley
2013-06-28 02:09:25 UTC
Post by Tim Zielke
By the way, thanks for mentioning this supportpac. I have been looking into
the possibility of using an API exit to capture MQI response times in the
distributed environment, and this supportpac might be an option. I need to
look more into it.
I hope your are looking at my SupportPac MA0Z, it understands Client MQI.

Glenn.