z/OS MQ Client attach feature.
Ian
2014-05-15 14:35:23 UTC
Hi all,

In the V8 announcement letter IBM states the following:

"IBM is removing the Client Attachment Feature, which allows environments
using IBM MQ V8.0 for z/OS, WebSphere MQ V7.1 for z/OS, or WebSphere MQ
V7.0.1 for z/OS to connect MQ clients to those MQ servers on z/OS for no
additional charge."

My question is how will this be done in V7.x ? Is there a ptf we need to
apply?

Thanks
--
Ian
http://www.cicsworld.com

Paul S Dennis
2014-05-15 14:57:35 UTC
If you already have the client attachment feature installed, you don't
need to do anything, it will simply become zero charge. Alternatively,
there is a PTF to enable client channels without installing the client
attachment feature:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PI13429

Thanks
Paul

Paul Dennis
WebSphere MQ for z/OS Development

From: Ian <pcs305-8a+***@public.gmane.org>
To: MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80QeFbOYke1v4oOpTq8/***@public.gmane.org,
Date: 15/05/2014 15:35
Subject: z/OS MQ Client attach feature.
Sent by: MQSeries List <MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80QeFbOYke1v4oOpTq8/***@public.gmane.org>

Hi all,

In the V8 announcement letter IBM states the following:

"IBM is removing the Client Attachment Feature, which allows environments
using IBM MQ V8.0 for z/OS, WebSphere MQ V7.1 for z/OS, or WebSphere MQ
V7.0.1 for z/OS to connect MQ clients to those MQ servers on z/OS for no
additional charge."

My question is how will this be done in V7.x ? Is there a ptf we need to
apply?

Thanks
--
Ian
http://www.cicsworld.com

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

Bob Juch
2014-05-15 15:06:19 UTC
That wouldn't be done in V7.x, just V8.x. I've never seen an MQ
configuration without the Client Attachment Feature being required so more
than 5 client connections can be made. I'm not sure why IBM is doing this;
is it to generate more revenue or to simplify things?
Hi all,