Cluster Queue Monitoring Sample Program
Barton, Linda
2014-04-03 12:08:03 UTC
I have not, but also have it on my list of things to look in to. I would be interested to find out more about it and what the experience has been with it.

Linda Barton

2014-04-03 19:30:51 UTC
We are just starting to use it in our integration environments and so far it has worked as advertised. The biggest issue so far has be we can stop the service with the stop service command you either have to put a specific message on the control queue or inhibit the control queue to stop the service.

Sent from my iPhone
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 1:50 PM
Has anyone used the Cluster Queue Monitoring Sample program (AMQSCLM)?
If you have does it work as advertised?
Would you use it in a production environment?
Just stumbled across it and was curious.
This message, including any attachments, is the property of Sears Holdings Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries. It is confidential and may contain proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it without reading the contents. Thank you.
List Archive - Manage Your List Settings - Unsubscribe
Instructions for managing your mailing list subscription are provided in the Listserv General Users Guide available at http://www.lsoft.com
List Archive - Manage Your List Settings - Unsubscribe
Tom Morice
2014-04-03 22:02:45 UTC
AMQSCLM in a production environment has been working well for my MQ cluster
implementation. It's been stable and does the job of dynamically adjusting
CLWLPRTY when there are no "readers" on the queues it is instructed to
monitor. Naturally, it checks every few minutes, and makes the adjustment
at that time, if necessary. It's used in an MQ cluster with several backend
queue managers in a message distribution scheme. Consider using an MQSC
SERVICE object to start AND stop the service (you can stop it with shell
script). The service is configured to start/stop with the qmgrs. You can
also code a monitoring script to make sure the process is running and send
any notifications if the process isn't found for the qmgr.
Make sure you evaluate any "message affinity" situations, and exercise
caution in that regard. The program also allows you to "move" messages with
to a surviving queue instance, if that's important.

It would be great if the functionality were incorporated into the base
product itself. It's quite useful, at least in our case. Hope this helps.

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 7:08 AM, Barton, Linda <
Post by Barton, Linda
I have not, but also have it on my list of things to look in to. I
would be interested to find out more about it and what the experience has
been with it.
*Linda Barton*
Behalf Of *Coombs, Lawrence