Spring bean notation
T.Rob
2014-06-17 11:34:35 UTC
My client is using Spring and defines their managed objects using XML bean
notation. Does anyone know whether this correctly honors all of the WMQ JMS
attributes? There are several I would like to recommend for their setup
such as Syncpoint All GETs.

Also wondering whether it is necessary to use the values or if the symbolics
will work. For example, where they have.

TRAN="1"

.can I change that to.

TRAN=WMQConstants.WMQ_CM_CLIENT

.in the XML? This would seem to depend on whether the WMQconstants class is
loaded at the time the XML is parsed to insert the managed objects into the
JNDI namespace. I would think that the WMQconstants class would be
available at that point but would love it if someone can confirm before I
make the recommendation.

Kind regards,

-- T.Rob

T.Robert Wyatt, Managing partner

IoPT Consulting, LLC

+1 704-443-TROB

<https://ioptconsulting.com> https://ioptconsulting.com

<https://twitter.com/tdotrob> https://twitter.com/tdotrob

Umapathy Subburam
2014-06-17 12:47:48 UTC
Hi T.Rob,

It works with a slight modification.
In the connectionFactory property injection,

<property name="transportType">
<util:constant static-field="com.ibm.msg.client.wmq.WMQConstants.WMQ_CM_CLIENT"/>
</property>

Also you need to add the xml namespace and the schema location to the header.
xmlns:util=http://www.springframework.org/schema/util
http://www.springframework.org/schema/util
http://www.springframework.org/schema/util/spring-util.xsd">

<bean id="mqConnectionFactory" class="com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnectionFactory">
<property name="hostName">
<value>10.131.52.11</value>
</property>
<property name="port">
<value>1420</value>
</property>
<property name="queueManager">
<value>TESTQM</value>
</property>
<property name="channel">
<value>TESTCLIENT</value>
</property>
<property name="transportType">
<util:constant static-field="com.ibm.msg.client.wmq.WMQConstants.WMQ_CM_CLIENT"/>
</property>
</bean>

As far as the other WMQ JMS attributes in Spring, I have used only WMQ specific classes, so can not vouch for it. I think spring implementation works fine as long as you are not using JMSTemplate as its inadequate for any decent customisation.

Thanks

Umapathy

[...]

________________________________

Satellite Information Services Limited. Registered Office: Whitehall Avenue, Kingston, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK10 0AX. Company No. 4243307

The information in this email (which includes any files transmitted with it) is confidential and is intended for the addressee only. Unauthorized recipients are required to maintain confidentiality. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately, destroy any copies and delete it from your computer system.

T.Rob
2014-06-17 14:56:40 UTC
Thanks!
Post by Umapathy Subburam
As far as the other WMQ JMS attributes in Spring, I have used only WMQ
specific classes

That's OK, I was only looking to use the WMQ object attributes. I was
hoping to find out whether we think that all the WMQ-specific object
attributes are honored in Spring so I could avoid having to validate with
API tracing. In particular, they have WMQ client apps and are not
consistently using transacted sessions so I want to enable SPAG (syncpoint
all GETs).

Kind regards,

-- T.Rob

[...]

_____

Manage Your List Settings
<http://listserv.meduniwien.ac.at/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=mqser-l&A=1> -
Unsubscribe
<mailto:LISTSERV-0lvw86wZMd9k/bWDasg6f+***@public.gmane.org?subject=Unsubscribe&BODY=signoff%
20mqseries>

Instructions for managing your mailing list subscription are provided in the
Listserv General Users Guide available at http://www.lsoft.com
<http://www.lsoft.com/resources/manuals.asp>

_____