Name change: Capitalware's MQ Technical Conference???
Roger Lacroix
2014-10-14 22:42:30 UTC
All,

At MQTC v2.0.1.4, several people mentioned that initially, they
thought "Capitalware's MQ Technical Conference" was ONLY a conference
on Capitalware's products. I was surprised by these comments and
made me wonder how many people 'out there' also think MQTC is only on
Capitalware's products.

So, I'm thinking of changing the conference name to:

- MQ Technical Conference presented by Capitalware
- MQ Technical Conference hosted by Capitalware
- MQ Technical Conference managed by Capitalware
- MQ Technical Conference brought to you by Capitalware

If the name "Capitalware's MQ Technical Conference" might cause
confusion then I'm open to suggestions. What do people think?

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.

Paul Clarke
2014-10-14 23:01:00 UTC
I'm a little surprised that people were confused. I thought your web site
made it fairly clear...especially given that you published the complete
schedule. However, if they say they were confused it's hard to argue. Out of
your options I think "MQ Technical Conference brought to you by Capitalware"
has quite a nice ring to it.

Cheers,
Paul.

Paul Clarke

MQGem Software Limited
www.mqgem.com

Glen Brumbaugh
2014-10-14 23:24:44 UTC
Roger,

First of all, a big thank you for originating and carrying forward the torch for this conference. MQTC 2.0.1.4 was bigger and better than the first edition. As the conference continues to grow, I feel that the name should reflect the basic nature of the conference (MQTC). We don't, however, want to forget who brought the conference to all of us. My vote would be as follows:

MQ Technical Conference
Hosted by Capitalware

This naming does two things:
It decouples the conference from Capitalware, making the conference a stand-alone entity (MQTC). Really, the conference is already a stand-alone entity; hosted by Capitalware and powered by it's speakers. Without continuing and ongoing support from IBM and other vendors, we would not have the conference we have.
It emphasizes the preeminent role that Capitalware plays in the conference and so recognizes what should be acknowledged.

Regards,

Glen Brumbaugh
Peter D
2014-10-14 23:16:27 UTC
Interesting - given a look @ the website I thought it very clear.
But perhaps looking at a 5 word tweet not so much :-/

Presented by Capitalware to that same audience can be construed that you are presenting all of the MQ material (tweet wise)

Brought to you by Capitalware can be construed that you are bringing it to them alla Impact Comes to You :-/

Hosted by kind of smacks of Capitalware itself just hosting and not providing content.

Managed by - well let's not even go there. I can barely manage to find my keys each day.

Given the same odds of misunderstanding I would think 'brought to you' would work best given that if you didn't show up somewhere next 9/28 except in Sandusky, they'd understand the meaning at that point in time to the relief of us all.

Tweet tweet.

/Pete
Coombs, Lawrence
2014-10-15 00:32:17 UTC
How about IBM MQ Technical Conference sponsored by Capitalware.

At MQTC v2.0.1.4, several people mentioned that initially, they thought "Capitalware's MQ Technical Conference" was ONLY a conference on Capitalware's products. I was surprised by these comments and made me wonder how many people 'out there' also think MQTC is only on Capitalware's products.

So, I'm thinking of changing the conference name to:

- MQ Technical Conference presented by Capitalware
- MQ Technical Conference hosted by Capitalware
- MQ Technical Conference managed by Capitalware
- MQ Technical Conference brought to you by Capitalware

If the name "Capitalware's MQ Technical Conference" might cause confusion then I'm open to suggestions. What do people think?

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.

This message, including any attachments, is the property of Sears Holdings Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries. It is confidential and may contain proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it without reading the contents. Thank you.

Coombs, Lawrence
2014-10-15 01:32:38 UTC
On second thought, take out the IBM. I like MQ Technical Conference sponsored by Capitalware.

Peter D
2014-10-15 02:04:05 UTC
Except there were 6 sponsors ... Capitalware being one of them and the main engine behind the event.

/Pete
Roger Lacroix
2014-10-15 03:02:34 UTC

Yup, I would have to agree with Pete, 'sponsor' is not a good
choice. (Actually, there were 7 sponsors.)

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
Post by Peter D
Except there were 6 sponsors ... Capitalware being one of them and
the main engine behind the event.
/Pete
On Oct 14, 2014, at 9:32 PM, "Coombs, Lawrence"
[...]
Instructions for managing your mailing list subscription are
provided in the Listserv General Users Guide available at http://www.lsoft.com
Tim Zielke
2014-10-15 11:49:22 UTC
One option with using sponsor is to add "sponsored in part by".

MQ Technical Conference sponsored in part by Capitalware.

That highlights Capitalware as the main sponsor, but recognizes other sponsors are involved with the event.

[...]
the message body (not the subject), write: SIGNOFF MQSERIES
Instructions for managing your mailing list subscription are
provided in the Listserv General Users Guide available at
http://www.lsoft.com
message body (not the subject), write: SIGNOFF MQSERIES Instructions

Potkay, Peter M (CTO Architecture + Engineering)
2014-10-15 11:57:33 UTC
MQ Technical Conference....
....A Capitalware Production
From the minds that brought you Capitalware.....a very special MQ Technical Conference
Monday, MONDAY, MONDAY!!!! Starting this Monday at the Capitalware Coliseum it's the MQ Technical Conference!!! Kids get in half price! First 100 people get all you can eat cheesecake passes!!!!

In the end, just keep it the same Roger. The people that will assume its just Capitalware products are gonna do that no matter where and how you have your company's name in the title, there's no getting around it.

Peter Potkay

[...]

This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.
Edenfield, Lee
2014-10-15 02:54:55 UTC
How about MQ Technical Conference inspired by Capitalware?

Post by Coombs, Lawrence
[...]

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This email may contain confidential or proprietary business information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this communication, including attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you believe that you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.
Bob Juch

LM Demey (MQ)
2014-10-15 07:46:06 UTC
hello,

"MQ Technical Conference *by* Capitalware" ?
Post by Roger Lacroix
All,
At MQTC v2.0.1.4, several people mentioned that initially, they
thought "Capitalware's MQ Technical Conference" was ONLY a conference
on Capitalware's products. I was surprised by these comments and made
me wonder how many people 'out there' also think MQTC is only on
Capitalware's products.
- MQ Technical Conference presented by Capitalware
- MQ Technical Conference hosted by Capitalware
- MQ Technical Conference managed by Capitalware
- MQ Technical Conference brought to you by Capitalware
If the name "Capitalware's MQ Technical Conference" might cause
confusion then I'm open to suggestions. What do people think?
Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
Luc-Michel Demey - Freelance WAS & WMQ Expert
http://www.demey-consulting.fr/ - lmd at demey-consulting dot fr

David Awerbuch (BLOOMBERG/ 120 PARK)
2014-10-15 13:59:35 UTC
I do not know if ROger's original intention for MQTC 1.0 was to start an annual event, or if he was just interested in doing the one event as a let's-see-if-I-can-pull-this-off type of idea.

Roger has taken on tremendous financial risk to reserve a venue and all the incumbent expenses and responsibilities - on his own - to arrange these events.

Remember when television shows used to say "Brought to you by Kellogs" or some other brand name? That company was the premier sponsor of the expense of producing the show through their bulk purchase of advertisement time.

Well, Roger may not have run ads during the MQTC, but he certainly 'brought' it to us all:
- he brought up the idea to begin with
- he polled the MQ public for their input
- he took the risk of securing a location
- he arranged for speakers and vendors

He brought it all together - and from what I am heafring, he did a magnificant job of it too.

The MQTC - Brought to you by Capitalware

First of all, a big thank you for originating and carrying forward the torch for this conference. MQTC 2.0.1.4 was bigger and better than the first edition. As the conference continues to grow, I feel that the name should reflect the basic nature of the conference (MQTC). We don't, however, want to forget who brought the conference to all of us. My vote would be as follows:

MQ Technical Conference
Hosted by Capitalware

This naming does two things:

1)It decouples the conference from Capitalware, making the conference a stand-alone entity (MQTC). Really, the conference is already a stand-alone entity; hosted by Capitalware and powered by it's speakers. Without continuing and ongoing support from IBM and other vendors, we would not have the conference we have.
2)It emphasizes the preeminent role that Capitalware plays in the conference and so recognizes what should be acknowledged.

Regards,

Glen Brumbaugh

On Oct 14, 2014, at 6:42 PM, Roger Lacroix <***@ROGERS.COM> wrote:

All,

At MQTC v2.0.1.4, several people mentioned that initially, they thought "Capitalware's MQ Technical Conference" was ONLY a conference on Capitalware's products. I was surprised by these comments and made me wonder how many people 'out there' also think MQTC is only on Capitalware's products.

So, I'm thinking of changing the conference name to:

- MQ Technical Conference presented by Capitalware
- MQ Technical Conference hosted by Capitalware
- MQ Technical Conference managed by Capitalware
- MQ Technical Conference brought to you by Capitalware

If the name "Capitalware's MQ Technical Conference" might cause confusion then I'm open to suggestions. What do people think?

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.

List Archive - Manage Your List Settings - Unsubscribe
Instructions for managing your mailing list subscription are provided in the Listserv General Users Guide available at http://www.lsoft.com

<< "Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back into the same box." - Anon >>

Potkay, Peter M (CTO Architecture + Engineering)
2014-10-15 15:19:08 UTC
“The MQTC - Brought to you by Capitalware”

I like it.

Peter Potkay

________________________________

Peter D
2014-10-15 15:27:53 UTC
Agreed on all points - and the name as I posted early on.

/Pete
Coombs, Lawrence
2014-10-15 16:05:17 UTC
I like this too.

Roger Lacroix
2014-10-15 17:09:28 UTC
Hi David,

Thanks for the kind words.
Post by David Awerbuch (BLOOMBERG/ 120 PARK)
or if he was just interested in doing the one event as a
let's-see-if-I-can-pull-this-off type of idea.

That was pretty much it. For 6 years, I bug and bug the IBM
conference people (North America) and the IBM PartnerWorld people
about bring back T&M Conference but it went nowhere fast. So, March
2013, I sent "What If" emails to several "Top-Tier" MQ speakers and
said "if I create it, will you come". They all said yes, so I took a
chance and create MQTC. The scary part was the amount of money that
I have to pay Kalahari no matter if people show up or not.

At last year's conference, a lot of people asked if I would do the
conference annually. It was a lot of work to get the first one up
and running but I figured I had the learning curve behind me and I
could do it annually. I had to adjust the price for 2014 because of
my miscalculation in 2013 (go figure, a computer guy messed up his
calculation), but now the price is set for the foreseeable future.

I'm not really big on reinventing the wheel. The T&M conference was
called: IBM Transaction & Messaging Technical Conference. So, I
just went with Capitalware's MQ Technical Conference. It seemed
logical last year. So, if I need to adjust the conference name, I'm
fine with that.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
Post by Roger Lacroix
All,
At MQTC v2.0.1.4, several people mentioned that initially, they
thought "Capitalware's MQ Technical Conference" was ONLY a
conference on Capitalware's products. I was surprised by these
comments and made me wonder how many people 'out there' also think
MQTC is only on Capitalware's products.
- MQ Technical Conference presented by Capitalware
- MQ Technical Conference hosted by Capitalware
- MQ Technical Conference managed by Capitalware
- MQ Technical Conference brought to you by Capitalware
If the name "Capitalware's MQ Technical Conference" might cause
confusion then I'm open to suggestions. What do people think?
Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
To unsubscribe, write to
and,
the Listserv General Users Guide available at
<http://www.lsoft.com>http://www.lsoft.com
<http://listserv.meduniwien.ac.at/archives/mqser-l.html>http://listserv.meduniwien.ac.at/archives/mqser-l.html
provided in the Listserv General Users Guide available at
<http://www.lsoft.com/resources/manuals.asp>http://www.lsoft.com