MQ - unable to allocate socket msgs
Yeske, Judy
2013-09-11 00:04:46 UTC
Hello,

We're running MQ for z/OS V7.1 and we ran into a production problem that I'm a bit confused on. Starting this morning for about an hour or so, I'm seeing this message in our CHIN.

CSQX500I <A2 CSQXRCTL Channel PRD02.RACF.CIC9.CHL2 started
CSQX212E <A2 CSQXRCTL Unable to allocate socket,
channel PRD02.RACF.CIC9.CHL2
TRPTYPE=TCP RC=0000045B (EADDRINUSE) reason=744C7247
CSQX599E <A2 CSQXRCTL Channel PRD02.RACF.CIC9.CHL2 ended abnormally

PRD02.RACF.CIC9.CHL2 is a Sender channel that sends messages down to Middleware node AIXPRD02. Here's my confusion - on a Sender channel, is the socket allocated on the Mainframe or would it be allocated on the Middleware node. I'm not sure if this is an issue on my side or the Middleware side.

Can you point me in the right direction......thanks!

Judy A. Yeske :)
MF Infrastructure - Transactional, Messaging, Database (TMD) Technical Services
Tel: 603-245-3828
E-mail: Judy.Yeske-gaR6cFh0+tIPwJ1gum1jzwC/***@public.gmane.org

Bob Juch
2013-09-11 00:46:38 UTC
It's on the mainframe side. Did you read this?:

Bob Juch
Juch Services LLC

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 8:04 PM, Yeske, Judy
Post by Yeske, Judy
Hello,
We’re running MQ for z/OS V7.1 and we ran into a production problem that
I’m a bit confused on. Starting this morning for about an hour or so, I’m
seeing this message in our CHIN.
CSQX500I <A2 CSQXRCTL Channel PRD02.RACF.CIC9.CHL2 started
CSQX212E <A2 CSQXRCTL Unable to allocate socket,
channel PRD02.RACF.CIC9.CHL2
TRPTYPE=TCP RC=0000045B (EADDRINUSE) reason=744C7247
CSQX599E <A2 CSQXRCTL Channel PRD02.RACF.CIC9.CHL2 ended abnormally
PRD02.RACF.CIC9.CHL2 is a Sender channel that sends messages down to
Middleware node AIXPRD02. Here’s my confusion – on a Sender channel, is
the socket allocated on the Mainframe or would it be allocated on the
Middleware node. I’m not sure if this is an issue on my side or the
Middleware side.
Can you point me in the right direction……thanks!
Judy A. Yeske* * J*
Yeske, Judy
2013-09-11 12:22:49 UTC
Bob - thanks, this helps.

This particular MQ system is one we inherited. The OPORTMIN value is set at 1481 / the OPORTMAX value is set at 1495. Does this tell me I can only have 15 sender channels running ? The Middleware group has added a good amount of clusters, so we have increased over the last year. Yesterday, during this timeframe, they recycled quite a few of their qmanagers and once they were up, channels were starting like crazy. I suspect we hit the port limit and therefore received the socket errors.

I will look into changing the oportmin/oportmax value to 0 - similar to how our other MQ systems are defined.

Judy

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 8:04 PM, Yeske, Judy <Judy.Yeske-2dM4qJlLJvxvgq9H/jF5PwC/***@public.gmane.org<mailto:Judy.Yeske-2dM4qJlLJvxvgq9H/jF5PwC/***@public.gmane.org>> wrote:
[...]

Tel: 603-245-3828<tel:603-245-3828>
E-mail: Judy.Yeske-gaR6cFh0+tIPwJ1gum1jzwC/***@public.gmane.org<mailto:Judy.Yeske-gaR6cFh0+tIPwJ1gum1jzwC/***@public.gmane.org>

________________________________

________________________________

Bob Juch
2013-09-11 15:37:47 UTC
Judy,

Yep, you probably ran out of ports.

Bob Juch
Juch Services LLC

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 8:22 AM, Yeske, Judy
Bob – thanks, this helps. ****
** **
This particular MQ system is one we inherited. The OPORTMIN value is set
at 1481 / the OPORTMAX value is set at 1495. Does this tell me I can only
have 15 sender channels running ? The Middleware group has added a good
amount of clusters, so we have increased over the last year. Yesterday,
during this timeframe, they recycled quite a few of their qmanagers and
once they were up, channels were starting like crazy. I suspect we hit the
port limit and therefore received the socket errors. ** **
** **
I will look into changing the oportmin/oportmax value to 0 – similar to
how our other MQ systems are defined. ****
** **
Judy ****
** **