getting a wierd error when trying to use MQ client api
Costa, D. (Damian)
2014-10-13 16:07:34 UTC
Hi all,
Trying to sort out a developer to get access into the development qmgr.
So we install v 7.5.0.2 client on windows 7.
Then unpack MQMON.
Configure and attempt a connection we get 2195 every time.
A bit of digging into the FDC files indicates that the client APi is having issue with the MQS.ini file "cannot find default prefix in mqs.ini"
Google indicates this occurs on installs that do not specify "English US" .
We did specify "English US"
The only link I found (well looked at) was applicable to OS400 or I series.

I'm stumped.
Any ideas?

********************
Nedbank Limited Reg No 1951/000009/06. The following link displays
the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary.
[ http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm ]
This email is confidential and is intended for the addressee only.
The following link will take you to Nedbank's legal notice.
[ http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/EmailDisclaimer.htm ]
Paul Clarke
2014-10-13 16:17:42 UTC
Did you go straight to running MQMON? Did you do any IVT test? Can you run
the samples, for example does AMQSPUTC suffer from the same problem ?
Are there any errors in the client error log ?

Cheers,
Paul.

Paul Clarke

MQGem Software Limited
www.mqgem.com

Tim Zielke
2014-10-13 18:52:51 UTC
Also, did you set the primary installation? At 7.1 and higher, I believe you have to set the primary installation (i.e. setmqinst) on a client installation. At least we have had to.

Costa, D. (Damian)
2014-10-14 09:32:50 UTC
Ah will do thanks.
[...]
message body (not the subject), write: SIGNOFF MQSERIES Instructions for
managing your mailing list subscription are provided in the Listserv General
Users Guide available at http://www.lsoft.com
********************
Costa, D. (Damian)
2014-10-14 10:24:55 UTC
Ok well that's not the issue it does that automagically .....
I'm guessing might be to do with the OS config.
And yes I tried to run tests with the test binaries but same issue 2195.
Tim Zielke
2014-10-14 13:21:22 UTC
A PMR is probably the best approach at this point. I have used some of the following debugging tools in the past to help with an issue like this.

1. client tracing. MQMON is also MO71? Sorry, haven't used it. If so, it is probably a C client and you can run a client trace on it. If so, you would want to look for if/where the 2195 is being issued in the trace, and then look above that to see if it gives clues on why it is failing.

Client Trace Example (note the -m qmgr option is missing)
strmqtrc -t all

2. Sysinternals Process Monitor. On Windows, if you have the Sysinternals Process Monitor installed or the ability to get it installed, this tool can be insightful. You could recreate the 2195, and then look at the Process Monitor output for that MQMON execution and see if there are any noticeable errors that point you to the underlying problem.

[...]
the message body (not the subject), write: SIGNOFF MQSERIES

Potkay, Peter M (CTO Architecture + Engineering)
2014-10-14 13:28:13 UTC
Dumb question, you did reboot that Windoze machine after the MQ Client install and before the MO71 attempt, right?

Peter Potkay

[...]

This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.
Costa, D. (Damian)
2014-10-14 13:53:15 UTC
Yessireebob!
Behalf Of Potkay, Peter M (CTO Architecture + Engineering)
Sent: 14 October 2014 03:28 PM
d***@public.gmane.org
2014-10-15 01:59:40 UTC
sometimes a client authorization issue shows up as a 2195 (instead of 2035) - so is the client id authorized?, what is the mcauser being passed in? is chlauth enabled? does the mcauser have connect authority to the QM? (etc...)

Behalf Of Potkay, Peter M (CTO Architecture + Engineering)
Sent: 14 October 2014 03:28 PM