Triggering MMX
Kerry Swemmer
2013-09-16 15:42:38 UTC
Hi Listers,

Is anyone using MMX as a triggered application? I'm busy trying to get it working but no matter what I try it just keeps saying "Invalid number of parameters", as below. The manual doesn't mention much in this regard either except for the fact that triggering is now supported. Does anybody have any ideas?

Waiting for a trigger message

/opt/capitalware/MMX/bin64/mmx 'TMC 2queue name process name /opt/capitalware/MMX/bin64/mmx & /opt/capitalware/MMX/bin64/mmx.ini qmgrname ' &

Invalid number of parameters!

/opt/capitalware/MMX/bin64/mmx -i ini_filename
-i ini_filename The name of the ini file
-? Display this help message [Optional]

2013/09/16 17:36:55 INFO #01268: Statistics of this executions:
2013/09/16 17:36:55 INFO #01278: Messages Read : 0
2013/09/16 17:36:55 INFO #01288: Messages Written : 0
2013/09/16 17:36:55 INFO #01294: MMX is now stopping.
End of application trigger.

Thanx,
Kerry.

Disclaimer: This message and/or attachment(s) may contain privileged, confidential and/or personal information. If you are not the intended recipient you may not disclose or distribute any of the information contained within this message. In such case you must destroy this message and inform the sender of the error. T-Systems does not accept liability for any errors, omissions, information and viruses contained in the transmission of this message. Any opinions, conclusions and other information contained within this message not related to T-Systems' official business is deemed to be that of the individual only and is not endorsed by T-Systems.

This message and/or attachment(s) may contain privileged or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient you may not disclose or
distribute any of the information contained within this message. In such
case you must destroy this message and inform the sender of the error.
T-Systems does not accept liability for any errors, omissions, information
and viruses contained in the transmission of this message. Any opinions,
conclusions and other information contained within this message not related
to T-Systems' official business is deemed to be that of the individual only
and is not endorsed by T-Systems.

T-Systems - Business Flexibility

Roger Lacroix
2013-09-16 16:21:26 UTC
Hello Kerry,

Lets see your queue attributes.
i.e.

DIS QL(<queue_name>) ALL

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.

T.Rob
2013-09-16 16:43:47 UTC
And the process attributes.

DIS PRO(<process_name>) ALL

[...]

_____

Manage Your List Settings
<http://listserv.meduniwien.ac.at/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=mqser-l&A=1> -
Unsubscribe
<mailto:LISTSERV-0lvw86wZMd9k/bWDasg6f+***@public.gmane.org?subject=Unsubscribe&BODY=signoff%
20mqseries>

Instructions for managing your mailing list subscription are provided in the

Kerry Swemmer
2013-09-16 20:02:47 UTC
Not worry thank you T.Rob and Roger.

I went through a few iterations again and found one that works if you wait long enough for the time-out (he says sheepishly).

PROCESS(MMX_xxx) APPLTYPE(UNIX)
APPLICID(/opt/capitalware/MMX/bin64/mmx)
ENVRDATA(-i)
USERDATA(/opt/capitalware/MMX/bin64/mmx.ini)
DESCR( ) ALTDATE(2013-09-16)
ALTTIME(21.51.28)

Cheers,
Kerry.

________________________________

________________________________

________________________________

Kerry Swemmer
2013-09-17 12:18:44 UTC
acceptlanguage: en-US
AT_TLD 0.1, HTML_90_100 0.1, SUPERLONG_LINE 0.05, BODY_SIZE_10000_PLUS 0, URI_ENDS_IN_HTML 0, __ANY_URI 0, __BOUNCE_CHALLENGE_SUBJ 0, __BOUNCE_NDR_SUBJ_EXEMPT 0, __CANPHARM_UNSUB_LINK 0, __CP_URI_IN_BODY 0, __CT 0, __CTYPE_HAS_BOUNDARY 0, __CTYPE_MULTIPART 0, __CTYPE_MULTIPART_ALT 0, __FRAUD_LOC 0, __HAS_FROM 0, __HAS_HTML 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HTML_FONT_BLUE 0, __MIME_HTML 0, __MIME_VERSION 0, __SANE_MSGID 0, __STOCK_PHRASE_7 0, __STYLE_RATWARE_NEG 0, __SUBJ_ALPHA_END 0, __SUBJ_ALPHA_NEGATE 0, __TAG_EXISTS_HTML 0, __TO_MALFORMED_2 0, __URI_NS '

--_000_527319CA8812BB45AB3C2BE4F57A55CC38890D9A99S4ZAM1SYEXCCR_

Oops, I spoke too soon. When I use the config below it does trigger MMX b=
ut it runs with defaults, ignoring the ini file.

Am I wasting my time or can somebody confirm that it is possible? Maybe I=
=20should just wrap the full command in a script.

Kind Regards,

Kerry Swemmer

T-Systems South Africa (Pty) Ltd
Computing Services
Kerry Swemmer
Middleware Support Engineer
c/o Mercedes Benz SA, 7 Settlers Way, Gately Industrial Township, East Lo=
ndon, 5201
PO Box 671, East London, 5200
+27 43 706 2549 (Phone)
+27 86 639 0521 or +27 43 706 2085 (Fax)
+27 83 657 4151 (Mobile)
I went through a few iterations again and found one that works if you wai=
t long enough for the time-out (he says sheepishly).

=20 PROCESS(MMX_xxx) APPLTYPE(UNIX)
=20 APPLICID(/opt/capitalware/MMX/bin64/mmx)
=20 ENVRDATA(-i)
=20 USERDATA(/opt/capitalware/MMX/bin64/mmx.ini)
=20 DESCR( ) ALTDATE(2013-09-16)
=20 ALTTIME(21.51.28)

Cheers,
Kerry.

2013-09-17 22:39:01 UTC
Hi Kerry,

The IniFile should be specified in the queue's trigger data
field. And yes, you could wrap it in a shell script if you really want to.

I'm not trying to avoid you but I am super busy getting ready for the
MQ Technical Conference and since MMX is licensed under Apache
License 2 (it is free to use but support is not included), I'll let
you handle your own configuration.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.

Tim Zielke
2013-09-18 03:11:12 UTC
Hi Kerry,

If you are using runmqtrm as your trigger monitor, then your ENVRDATA does not look right to me. You have the -i in that field, which would get appended after your USERDATA which has your ini file. I would think you would want the -i before the ini file in your USERDATA field. Also, you may want an ampersand in the ENVRDATA, if you want this to run in the background.

Thanks,
Tim