how do I pull volume statistic out of a qmgr ?
Costa, D. (Damian)
2013-09-04 10:04:36 UTC
HI all,
I have stats tuned on for all our qmgrs, I can see the stats on all the queues for a certain time window using MQMON.
How do I extract that kind of info from the qmgrs directly and produce a report on volumes for a specific time interval?
Is that buried in the statistics message generated by the qmgr and I need to parse these statistics reports?
Or is there a simpler runmqsc command that will do the same?

********************
Nedbank Limited Reg No 1951/000009/06. The following link displays
the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary.
[ http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm ]
This email is confidential and is intended for the addressee only.
The following link will take you to Nedbank's legal notice.
[ http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/EmailDisclaimer.htm ]
Tim Zielke
2013-09-04 15:01:34 UTC
Hi Damian,

I am assuming this is for the distributed environment. For Unix/Linux, I have generated time interval statistical reports using the "RESET QMGR TYPE(STATISTICS)" runmqsc command to cut the statistics and then running the command "amqsmon -t statistics" to create a formatted report. This was done with a rudimentary script to run the necessary commands at a given interval (i.e. every 15 minutes) via a crontab entry. If you are looking for a statistical report for a given time interval (i.e. between 11:00 am CT - 11:30 am CT), the amqsmon command supports that, as well.

You can find more specifics in this part of the MQ manual -> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r1/topic/com.ibm.mq.doc/mo13260_.htm

Thanks,
Tim