Odd Java MQ API behaviour
Darren Douch
2013-07-23 22:54:07 UTC
Guys

WMQ 7.1.0.0 on Wintel ... yes, patching it will be my next step .. but I seem to
be seeing something odd and wonder if I'm missing the bleeding obvious.

qm.put(qname,qmname,msg,pmo) - when I try to put a msg that is too big for the
queue ... the msg does not appear on the queue, but I get no MQException thrown
either.

qm.accessQueue(blahblah) followed by q.put(msg,pmo) gives the expected behaviour
- no msg on the queue but a thrown MQException.

This is just putting to bog-standard local queues. Nothing fancy. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Darren.

PS. I'm no Java propeller-head but I'm not a complete newbie either.

Roger Lacroix
2013-07-23 23:14:35 UTC
Hi Darren,

> the msg does not appear on the queue, but I get no MQException
thrown either.

Sounds like a bug - you should apply Fix Pack 7.1.0.2 (before someone
says "MQ lost my message").

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.