Need MQ V 7.5.0.1 refresh pack or higher to install on wintel OS 2012 only finding fix packs
Costa, D. (Damian)
2014-09-23 10:43:47 UTC
Hi all,
I'm on the IBM site logged into passport advantage trying to find a wintel version 7.5.0.1 or higher refresh pack that will install standalone without starting at 7.5 and applying a fix pack.
I have to do this because Wintel OS 2012 is only supported IFF MQ is installed one time to version 7.5.0.1 or higher.

So I'm going around in circles here trying to find an installable download of version 7.5.0.1 or higher.
I used this string as a search criteria: " MQ V 7.5.0.1 Refresh Pack" but all I get are fix pack releases.

What am I doing wrong here?

Ta.

********************
Nedbank Limited Reg No 1951/000009/06. The following link displays
the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary.
[ http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm ]
This email is confidential and is intended for the addressee only.
The following link will take you to Nedbank's legal notice.
[ http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/EmailDisclaimer.htm ]
Paul Meekin
2014-09-23 10:54:15 UTC
Hi Damian,

MQ 7.5.0.1 is a base level install so you should be able to install
that .exe directly onto a clean system.

Cheers,
Paul

From: "Costa, D. (Damian)" <DamianC-3zJjxGF14/***@public.gmane.org>
To: MQSERIES-0lvw86wZMd9k/bWDasg6f+***@public.gmane.org
Date: 23/09/2014 11:44
Subject: Need MQ V 7.5.0.1 refresh pack or higher to install on wintel
OS 2012 only finding fix packs
Sent by: MQSeries List <MQSERIES-0lvw86wZMd9k/bWDasg6f+***@public.gmane.org>

Hi all,
I'm on the IBM site logged into passport advantage trying to find a wintel
version 7.5.0.1 or higher refresh pack that will install standalone without
starting at 7.5 and applying a fix pack.
I have to do this because Wintel OS 2012 is only supported IFF MQ is
installed one time to version 7.5.0.1 or higher.

So I'm going around in circles here trying to find an installable download
of version 7.5.0.1 or higher.
I used this string as a search criteria: " MQ V 7.5.0.1 Refresh Pack"
but all I get are fix pack releases.

What am I doing wrong here?

Ta.

HSBC Bank plc
Registered Office: 8 Canada Square, London E14 5HQ
Registered in England - Number 14259
Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the
Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority

SAVE PAPER - THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT!

This E-mail is confidential.

It may also be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee you
may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of it. If you have
received this message in error, please delete it and all copies
from your system and notify the sender immediately by return
E-mail.

Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely secure,
error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions.

Costa, D. (Damian)
2014-09-25 10:29:05 UTC
Ok so I went for the 7.5.0.4 thinking it would be the same story as for v7.5.0.1.
Alas v 7.5.0.4 is also only a fix pack. It gave us only two options:
1: load files only or
2: load files and apply fix pack to existing MQ installation.

Would it work to upgrade a v 7.1 with a fix pack of v 7.5.0.4? my intuition says only disaster can occur if we try it like this....

So our only option is: install v 7 .5.0.1? and never update the MQ install .
Something doesn't add up here?
Date: 23/09/2014 11:44
[...]
message body (not the subject), write: SIGNOFF MQSERIES Instructions for
managing your mailing list subscription are provided in the Listserv General
Users Guide available at http://www.lsoft.com
********************
Potkay, Peter M (CTO Architecture + Engineering)
2014-09-25 11:25:37 UTC
Damian,
On Passport Advantage you'll find MQ 7.5.0.2 for Windows, under item # CIN8JML. That is the full MQ install: 7.5.0.0 + all the fixes in 7.5.0.1 and 7.5.0.2, all bundled up into one new base version called 7.5.0.2.

Install that, reboot (its Windoze), then apply Fix 7.5.0.4 (which includes all 7.5.0.3 fixes as well), reboot, and you should be good.

Peter Potkay

Date: 23/09/2014 11:44
[...]
the message body (not the subject), write: SIGNOFF MQSERIES
Instructions for managing your mailing list subscription are provided
in the Listserv General Users Guide available at http://www.lsoft.com
********************
Nedbank Limited Reg No 1951/000009/06. The following link displays the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary.
[ http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm ] This email is confidential and is intended for the addressee only.
The following link will take you to Nedbank's legal notice.
[ http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/EmailDisclaimer.htm ]
********************

This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.
Costa, D. (Damian)
2014-09-25 12:44:37 UTC
OK I'll give it a try.....
Thank Peter.
Behalf Of Potkay, Peter M (CTO Architecture + Engineering)
Costa, D. (Damian)
2014-09-25 16:11:16 UTC
OK well 4 and a half hours later on passport advantage I am no closer to getting a v 7.5.0.2 refresh pack installation.
I've tried everything I can think of but the search criteria does not offer any refresh packs for download.
Try as I might I am now stuck.

Either I am dumb or I am not logged into passport advantage at all.....
Behalf Of Potkay, Peter M (CTO Architecture + Engineering)
2014-09-25 16:18:00 UTC
Your company may have multiple Passport Advantage accounts, and MQ may only be available if you are logged into the correct one.

Do you see any MQ versions available for download? If yes, which ones? Make sure you check the box that says to show previous versions if available otherwise all you'll get is version 8.

Peter Potkay

Costa, D. (Damian)
2014-09-25 16:24:01 UTC
Dude, I see loads of MQ downloads, none of which are refresh packs , only fix packs.
I am totally bamboozled by the PA system. The brain feels like tapioca pudding....
I think I'm going around in circles on the site which doesn't help.
Behalf Of Potkay, Peter M (CTO Architecture + Engineering)
Jefferson Lowrey
2014-09-25 16:32:54 UTC
You should be able to do a search on the part number peter gave you,
CIN8JML

Thank you,

Jeff Lowrey

Date: 23/09/2014 11:44
Subject: Need MQ V 7.5.0.1 refresh pack or higher to
install on wintel
OS 2012 only finding fix packs
Sent by: MQSeries List

Costa, D. (Damian)
2014-09-25 16:44:07 UTC
Yup did that got a nice page for all the v 7.5.0.2 MQ installs . I hit the download HTTP link and was asked to login (again) to the PA system. Which then took me to the home page of PA and no list of downloadable installs at all. so start again with search .... Wash rinse repeat.
Clearly my PA account is not capable of getting the list of standalone installable MQ down loads. It's the only explanation.

From: "Costa, D. (Damian)" <DamianC-3zJjxGF14/***@public.gmane.org<mailto:***@NEDBANK.CO.ZA>>
To: MQSERIES-0lvw86wZMd9k/bWDasg6f+***@public.gmane.org<mailto:MQSERIES-0lvw86wZMd8hNtF/***@public.gmane.orgNIWIEN.AC.AT>
Date: 09/25/2014 11:24 AM
Sent by: MQSeries List <MQSERIES-0lvw86wZMd9k/bWDasg6f+***@public.gmane.org<mailto:MQSERIES-0lvw86wZMd9k/bWDasg6f+***@public.gmane.org>>
________________________________

Date: 23/09/2014 11:44
http://www.lsoft.com<http://www.lsoft.com/>

2014-09-26 12:14:46 UTC
I've wanted to put my fist thru the screen more than once dealing with Passport Advantage, that's for sure. On occasion I have to reach out to my IBM Rep who invariably finds something happened and sorts it out.

I just checked again. I got the opposite of you. I only see the 7.5.0.2 base install packages in my Passport Advantage view. I don't see any Fix Packs, but I would just get those from Fix Central anyway.

Peter Potkay

Costa, D. (Damian)
2014-09-26 13:16:57 UTC
Woah! Hang on! There's a difference between fix central and passport advantage now?
That's probably my issue. I probably don't have passport advantage privilege to download the install version , only the fix packs....
That would explain a lot.