More Free MQ Software
Roger Lacroix
2013-10-04 16:50:20 UTC
All,

Capitalware Inc. would like to announce a licensing change for MQ
Channel Auto Creation Manager (MQCACM) and MQ Channel Auto Creation
Manager for z/OS (z/MQCACM). MQCACM and z/MQCACM are now 'licensed
as free' software. i.e. Same as how IBM licenses MQ Client software.

MQCACM and z/MQCACM are an MQ Channel Auto-Definition (MQ CHAD) exits
that allows a company to control and restrict incoming connection
requests to auto-create a channel. MQCACM (or z/MQCACM) is invoked
when a request is received to start an undefined Receiver,
Server-Connection, Cluster-Receiver or Cluster-Sender channel. MQCACM
can modify or clear the supplied default channel definition values
for an instance of the channel, so that there is no exit
incompatibility (cross-platform or otherwise).

Both MQCACM and z/MQCACM are licensed as a free product. They are
free to use but support is not included. A support license may be purchased.

For more information about MQCACM, please go to:
http://www.capitalware.biz/mqcacm_overview.html
Or for z/MQCACM, please go to:
http://www.capitalware.biz/mqcacm_zos_overview.html

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.

Sid Young
2013-10-05 00:47:28 UTC
Good work Roger!

I have a few questions for the list, been out of MQ for 6 years now and
starting to look at developing a major eCommerce app around it, do
triggered apps still work the same as they did in v5? and is there a better
way to execute triggered apps, like a new XML processing engine thats MQ
integrated (I have not kept up with the MQ development cycle so my product
knowledge is near 0 at this stage). Any pointers help full!

Sid

Roger Lacroix
2013-10-05 02:28:12 UTC
Hi Sid,

> do triggered apps still work the same as they did in v5?

Yes.

> and is there a better way to execute triggered apps, like a new
XML processing engine thats MQ integrated

No.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.

Jefferson Lowrey
2013-10-05 11:26:24 UTC
Integration Bus (formerly Message Broker) might possibly count as "An XML
Processing Engine that's MQ Integrated", although I generally have no idea
what that phrase means, really.

There aren't new mechanisms for "causing applications to start up" at the
arrival of a message other than triggering, but there are new techniques
to provide already-running applications with new messages (asynchronous
call backs, pub/sub ). And MQ v6 introduced Service objects that can
start and stop programs relative to when the queue manager starts and
stops.

And depending on what kind of "major eCommerce App" you're thinking you
can build, you might consider MQTT instead of MQ.

Thank you,

Jeff Lowrey

From: Sid Young <sid.young-8a+***@public.gmane.org>
To: MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80QeFbOYke1v4oOpTq8/***@public.gmane.org,
Date: 10/04/2013 09:13 PM
Subject: Re: [MQSERIES] More Free MQ Software
Sent by: MQSeries List <MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80QeFbOYke1v4oOpTq8/***@public.gmane.org>

wrote:
[...]

List Archive - Manage Your List Settings - Unsubscribe

George Carey
2013-10-06 05:18:54 UTC
XML processing engine that is MQ integrated . isn't that the definition for
the DataPower XI50,52s ?

GTC

From: Sid Young <sid.young-8a+***@public.gmane.org>
To: MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80QeFbOYke1v4oOpTq8/***@public.gmane.org,
Date: 10/04/2013 09:13 PM
Sent by: MQSeries List <MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80QeFbOYke1v4oOpTq8/***@public.gmane.org>

_____

wrote:
[...]

<http://www.lsoft.com/>

_____

<http://listserv.meduniwien.ac.at/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=mqser-l&A=1> Manage Your
List Settings -
<mailto:LISTSERV-0lvw86wZMd9k/bWDasg6f+***@public.gmane.org?subject=Unsubscribe&BODY=signoff%
20mqseries> Unsubscribe

Instructions for managing your mailing list subscription are provided in the
Listserv General Users Guide available at
<http://www.lsoft.com/resources/manuals.asp> http://www.lsoft.com

_____

Manage Your List Settings
<http://listserv.meduniwien.ac.at/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=mqser-l&A=1> -