thread processing backout of grouped messages
Les Schroeder
2013-11-01 10:54:34 UTC
We have a linux java client application (not JMS) which kicks off multiple threads (each with their own connection) to process a mix of grouped and non-grouped messages from a queue. If a
thread can’t complete processing it issues a backout. Since we need to
perform our own move to a back out queue when the number of retries has
been reached, is there a way to perform the backout without those messages being available to another thread?
We traced this and under our current parameters, if another thread has a
get waiting, it is passed the message as soon as the back out occurs.
Thanks, Les