Queue manager reports application process still running after a crash
Coombs, Lawrence
2013-11-07 19:30:51 UTC
I had a queue manager crash the other day. I made sure that there were no MQ processes running and then ran the amqiclen program to clean up the shared memory. When I tried to restart the queue manager it reported that it could not restart because an application process was still running. I killed the process and then the queue manager restarted. Even if the app is not using the fail-if-quiescing option, why would MQ still have knowledge of that connection?

The app listens on an http socket and also does MQPUTS to a queue.

This message, including any attachments, is the property of Sears Holdings Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries. It is confidential and may contain proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it without reading the contents. Thank you.