Will Websphere MQ for z/OS 6.0 run under z/OS 2.1?
Herring, Bobby
2014-02-13 21:14:29 UTC
We are planning an upgrade to z/OS 2.1 later in the summer. We are still running Websphere MQ 6.0. Does anyone know if this combination will work?

We don't want to upgrade to Websphere 7.1 if we don't have to as we are planning to install Infosphere CDC that doesn't require MQ.

Thanks,
Bob Herring
Texas Farm Bureau Insurance

WWW.TXFB-INS.COM<http://www.txfb-ins.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: The foregoing message (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communication Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. sections 2510-2521, and is CONFIDENTIAL. If you believe that it has been sent to you in error, do not read it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error, then delete it. Thank you.

Texas Farm Bureau Insurance Companies received the highest numerical score among auto insurance providers in Texas in the proprietary J.D. Power 2013 U.S. Auto Insurance Study(SM). Study based on 45,521 total responses measuring 8 providers in Texas and measures opinions of consumers with their auto insurance provider. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed March -April 2013. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.

Tuben, Gregg
2014-02-18 17:02:56 UTC
Bobby,
I would not trust any answer about this with your production workload, Since you know MQ 6.0 is not supported on z/OS anymore. I bet it will work, but you should test it thoroughly if you decide it is worth the risk.
Gregg