MFT Explorer TLS?
T.Rob
2013-09-13 18:58:51 UTC
Used to be that FTE Explorer plugin used x.properties files generated by the
FTE Tools and these were editable to include SSL attributes. A few years
back I actually had a customer configured to use TLS channels with Explorer.

Skip to current day. In the v7.5 Explorer, the MFT function is native.
There is no command-line config or x.properties files. When creating a new
configuration, the user is presented a GUI dialog with a list of existing
QMgr connections from which to pick. After selecting entries for
Coordination and Agent QMgrs, and a few other parms, the dialog creates the
connection. So far, so good.

But when selecting QMgrs for which the defined WMQ connection uses TLS
channels that are configured correctly and running, the MFT connection
fails. The QMgr's error log reveals that MFT failed to specify the
cipherspec.

What is the right procedure to connect MFT Explorer using TLS? Is there a
way to edit the MFT connection entry to include the TLS parameters?

Thanks - T.Rob

T.Rob
2013-09-14 18:39:53 UTC
Am I the *only* one trying to use TLS to connect WMQ v7.5 FTE Explorer?
Really?

I found the WMQ FTE configuration file. On Windows, it lives in the user's
homespace at:

{Homespace}\IBM\WebSphereMQ\workspace-Installation1\.metadata\.plugins\com.i
bm.wmqfte.explorer

An entry looks like this:

<configuration name="JMSDEMO" coordQmgr="JMSDEMO_2013-05-28_18.21.35"
commandQmgr="JMSDEMO_2013-05-28_18.21.35" subscriptionType="NON_DURABLE" />

The thing is, while trying to debug this I specified the Coordination QMgr
as the TLS entry and the Command QMgr as the non-TLS entry yet the config
file does not distinguish between them. I was hoping to maybe edit the
config file manually but now it isn't even clear how Explorer distinguishes
between two entries for the same QMgr. There must be another config file
somewhere but I can't find it. Anyone know?

Thanks - T.Rob