Returned DIS CHSTATUS CONNNAME value
Ward Able, Grant
2014-09-03 14:50:01 UTC
Hi MQSeries List,

If I issue a DISPLAY CHSTATUS command for a RUNNING channel that has 2 IP addresses specified in the CONNNAME field, what value(s?) can I expect to have returned to me?

Would this be the IP of the currently connected IP address?

The manual (!!!) states that the value might not be the same as in the channel definition.

The reason I ask is that if we have 2 addresses specified, how do we know which one is actually being used?

Regards - Grant

Grant Ward Able
Senior Systems Architect
Transaction and Messaging Technologies
DTCC London
Phone 0207 650 1496 | gwardable-***@public.gmane.org<mailto:gwardable-***@public.gmane.org>

[cid:image003.jpg-e58JgAOZRT+8LycKKd/***@public.gmane.org]<http://www.dtcc.com/>

Visit us at www.dtcc.com<http://www.dtcc.com/> or follow us on Twitter @The_DTCC
and on LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/6915?trk=saber_s000001e_1000>.
To learn about career opportunities at DTCC, please visit dtcc.com/careers<http://dtcc.com/careers>.

DTCC DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and any attachments from your system. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Paul Clarke
2014-09-03 16:13:41 UTC
I think one of the reasons that the CONNAME value in the status field may not be the same as the value in the Channel definition is that the channel will construct the value at run time from the communication status. So, I think when a channel makes contact, whether sender or receiver, it asks TCP who is at the other end and the returned value is placed in the status entry. This is why even if you use a hostname in the channel definition, the status entry contains an IP address.

So, to answer your question I would expect that even if you had 4 addresses in your channel definition CONNAME. I would only expect to see the single IP address actually being used in the status entry CONNAME.

Of course it is a pretty simple thing to try out and see what actually happens, but that is what I would expect.

Cheers,
Paul.

Paul Clarke
www.mqgem.com

If I issue a DISPLAY CHSTATUS command for a RUNNING channel that has 2 IP addresses specified in the CONNNAME field, what value(s?) can I expect to have returned to me?

Would this be the IP of the currently connected IP address?

The manual (!!!) states that the value might not be the same as in the channel definition.

The reason I ask is that if we have 2 addresses specified, how do we know which one is actually being used?

Regards - Grant

Grant Ward Able

Senior Systems Architect

Transaction and Messaging Technologies