NuGet package - MQ Classes for .net?
Ryan Finnesey
2014-09-12 04:53:56 UTC
Would anyone happen to know why IBM does not publish the dll's required for MQ Classes for .net via NuGet?

Cheers
Ryan

Lizette Koehler
2014-09-12 10:37:17 UTC
Are you a member on developerworks community on www.ibm.com?
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/

They may have insight there on this question.

Lizette
2014-09-12 12:56:14 UTC
That's a good route to get a reasonably official answer to the question.

The other thing to remember is that it takes some extra effort in your
code to make sure you build a Managed Connection, which *only* requires a
single DLL that will get bundled with your app.

Otherwise your app is still dependent on a full local MQ client/server
install - so making only the dlls available outside of the full client
install might lead to confusion by developers.

Thank you,

Jeff Lowrey

From: Lizette Koehler <starsoul-X4jV93Ml/***@public.gmane.org>
To: MQSERIES-0lvw86wZMd9k/bWDasg6f+***@public.gmane.org
Date: 09/12/2014 05:47 AM
Subject: Re: [MQSERIES] NuGet package - MQ Classes for .net?
Sent by: MQSeries List <MQSERIES-0lvw86wZMd9k/bWDasg6f+***@public.gmane.org>

Ryan Finnesey
2014-09-12 18:35:14 UTC
Now I am confused. I thought the client is required for a managed connection as well. I did see in stack over flow some people got there application to work with just adding the dll but it is not supported by IBM.

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________

the Listserv General Users Guide available at http://www.lsoft.com<http://www.lsoft.com/>

________________________________

Jefferson Lowrey
2014-09-12 18:48:40 UTC
Obviously double-check support with IBM Support directly. I don't speak
for anyone other than myself.

But as far as I know, the one of the big points of Managed code is that
you don't need the full MQ client. You only need the one amqmnet.dll
packaged with your app.

Now, also bear in mind that there is a *huge* difference between the .NET
classes for MQ and the .NET classes for XMS. I am *only* talking about
the first, and NOT talking about XMS at all.

Again, though, I'm absolutely capable of being entirely wrong.

Thank you,

Jeff Lowrey

From: Ryan Finnesey <***@FINNESEY.COM>
To: ***@LISTSERV.MEDUNIWIEN.AC.AT
Date: 09/12/2014 01:35 PM
Sent by: MQSeries List <***@LISTSERV.MEDUNIWIEN.AC.AT>

Now I am confused. I thought the client is required for a managed
connection as well. I did see in stack over flow some people got
there application to work with just adding the dll but it is not supported
by IBM.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Would anyone happen to know why IBM does not publish the dll's required
for MQ
Classes for .net via NuGet?
Cheers
Ryan
To unsubscribe, write to ***@LISTSERV.MEDUNIWIEN.AC.AT and,

List Archive - Manage Your List Settings - Unsubscribe

List Archive - Manage Your List Settings - Unsubscribe

Shashikanth R Thambrahalli
2014-09-13 02:28:22 UTC
For both managed and unmanaged connections full MQ client installation is
required. Although some people do get their application working by copying
amqmdnet & three other DLLs and tweaking Windows registry, as you rightly
pointed out, it is not supported by IBM.
Shashikanth Rao T
WebSphere MQ Development

Ryan Finnesey
2014-09-12 18:30:07 UTC