Service knowing owning queue manager
David Awerbuch (BLOOMBERG/ 120 PARK)
2013-08-19 20:34:09 UTC
Hi everyone,

I have a service I want to kick off when the queue manager starts, but that service needs to know which queue manager started it. So ...

1. How can my service know which queue manager launched it?

2. Are any events generated when a service starts or stops? How can I be notified when the service process terminates without the STOP SERVICE command being issued, other than polling for SVSTATUS output?

Thanks,
David

<< **** What to BBQ on Labor Day! Heck, what to BBQ this weekend! or tonight! >>
David Awerbuch (BLOOMBERG/ 120 PARK)
2013-08-19 21:05:22 UTC
Hey Jeff, Thanks for these references. The replacement tokens certainly provides what I need for the service to be defined identically across multiple queue managers; no need to customize each definition.

The environment variable definitions I had remembered, but I did not want to have to customize each queue manager if not necessary, and the tokens certainly assist there.

Thanks!
Dave

From: "David Awerbuch (BLOOMBERG/ 120 PARK)" <***@bloomberg.net>
To: ***@listserv.meduniwien.ac.at,