Problkem with qload and XMITQs
Don Golding
2014-09-22 09:31:36 UTC
Using the excellent "qload" by a Mr. Paul Clarke, having done so for years with migrations from moving a queue manager from one box to another, dumping messages off queues and reloading them on the new target system - never had a problem, until this weekend, when I needed to move a XMITQ with thousands of messages as the destination was down for the weekend. Dumped fine - but when loading got a XQH error which I must admit I forgot to record. I waited until the destination system came up on Sunday afternoon in the end and then started the channel.

Is this a feature - qload doesn't "do" transmit queues?

Paul Clarke
2014-09-22 09:52:08 UTC

Thank-you for your kind words, I'm glad you have found QLOAD so useful. It's
a shame that IBM won't let me continue to work on it.

There is no reason why QLOAD would not work for transmission queues.
However, you do have to be a little careful. QLOAD has the ability to remove
'headers' from an MQ message - for example the Dead Letter Queue or the
Transmission Queue header. The parameter is -h.

If you are unloading a transmission queue to a file and then loading it back
again you should not use the -h parameter. The channels require the XQH in
order to know where the message is going.

Cheers,
Paul.

Paul Clarke

MQGem Software Limited
www.mqgem.com

Don Golding
2014-09-22 11:21:19 UTC
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your swift response, I wish our engineering dept was as quick! :-) I suspect our version is out of date slightly v1.6 from 2008 - as we don't have the -h option.

Don Golding
2014-09-22 12:17:28 UTC

Paul Clarke
2014-09-22 12:36:08 UTC
HTML_00_01 0.05, HTML_00_10 0.05, BODYTEXTP_SIZE_3000_LESS 0,
BODY_SIZE_1000_LESS 0, BODY_SIZE_2000_LESS 0,
BODY_SIZE_5000_LESS 0, BODY_SIZE_7000_LESS 0, BODY_SIZE_700_799 0,
DKIM_SIGNATURE 0, INVALID_MSGID_NO_FQDN 0, NO_REAL_NAME 0,
__ANY_URI 0, __BOUNCE_CHALLENGE_SUBJ 0, __BOUNCE_NDR_SUBJ_EXEMPT 0,
__CT 0, __CTE 0, __CT_TEXT_PLAIN 0, __FRAUD_REPLY 0,
__FRAUD_WEBMAIL 0, __FRAUD_WEBMAIL_FROM 0, __HAS_FROM 0,
__HAS_MSGID 0, __HAS_MSMAIL_PRI 0, __HAS_X_MAILER 0,
__HAS_X_PRIORITY 0, __IN_REP_TO 0, __MIME_TEXT_ONLY 0,
__MIME_VERSION 0, __MSGID_32HEX 0, __PHISH_FROM 0, __PHISH_FROM2 0,
__PHISH_SPEAR_STRUCTURE_1 0, __SANE_MSGID 0, __SUBJ_ALPHA_END 0,
__SUBJ_ALPHA_NEGATE 0, __TO_MALFORMED_
Sender: MQSeries List <MQSERIES-0lvw86wZMd9k/bWDasg6f+***@public.gmane.org>

Well, if that is the case then I can think of no obvious reason why a
transmission queue can not be unloaded to a file and then reloaded. I'm
fairly certain I have done exactly that a few times myself. Of course it
would be fairly easy for you to try a controlled experiment.

Cheers,
Paul

Paul Clarke

MQGem Software Limited