MO71 latest version
Paul Clarke
2013-08-21 14:24:55 UTC
I am pleased to announce that the latest version of MO71 is now available on the MQGem Website (www.mqgem.com). Initially it will be available, and should be treated, as a Beta.

The changes in this version are mainly a little re-branding and a few defect fixes. There are no major new features. However, the program is now being built on a different machine, on a different OS, using a different build directory structure and a different version of the compiler. It would perhaps be a little surprising if these caused no issues at all.

I would appreciate it if users of MO71 could take a few minutes to download it and have a play. Please let me know of any issues you come across. If you have previously reported a problem you should find it fixed (except the reported defect concerning read-ahead with RFH2 messages).

As I mentioned before now is also a good time to be making feature requests for the following version. I am always interested to hear your suggestions.

Regards,

Paul.

Paul Clarke
www.mqgem.com

Ward, Mike S
2013-08-21 15:50:20 UTC
Hello, I tried the new MO71 program. I'm on Windows XP SP3. When I click on the program I get an error message that says "mqmonntp.exe is not a valid Win32 application." Is this a 64bit version only?

[...]

________________________________

==========================
This email, and any files transmitted with it, is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this message by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Paul Clarke
2013-08-21 16:17:06 UTC
Hmmmm...well, that was not my intention. This is the type of thing I feared though. The program is now built on a Window 7 64-bit machine so it is entirely possible that I have used the wrong option somewhere along the line. However, I can’t see what it is at the moment. When I run the program task manager shows mqmonntp.exe*32 which I believe shows that it is a 32bit program. The program is built with Platform Toolset equal ‘Visual Studio 2012 – Windows XP’.

Unfortunately I don’t have a machine with Windows XP to hand. Is there anyone out there who has XP for the which the program DOES work? Or does everyone get the same error?

Cheers,
P.

Paul Clarke
www.mqgem.com

Ward, Mike S

Paul Clarke
2013-08-21 17:01:27 UTC
Hmmm...this seems likely to be a compiler related issue. The compiler I am using is Visual Studio 2012 and there are lots of users who are complaining of this issue...for example

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/dd3eec8c-93b0-4243-9419-233f20b257d4/exe-is-not-a-valid-win32-application-after-upgrading-to-vs-2012

Microsoft seem to state that the problem is fixed but users seem less convinced. I am using Update 3 and clearly it seems I still have the problem.

I will have to dig a little deeper. If anyone out there is an MS VS 2012 expert and would like to offer some advice I’d be happy to hear it. I may have to junk VS 2012 and go to VS 2010 or something. It seems remarkable to me that Microsoft dropped support for XP and then had to add it back in an update to its compiler in the first place. Even more remarkable that it still doesn’t seem to work.

Cheers,
P.

Paul Clarke
www.mqgem.com

Edenfield, Lee
2013-08-21 18:12:36 UTC
FYI-

I booted up my old XP laptop, downloaded MO71 from mqgem.com, and I got the same error message. Older version works fine.

Lee Edenfield, HagemeyerNA (843.745.2477)

[...]

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This email may contain confidential or proprietary business information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this communication, including attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you believe that you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.
Paul Clarke
2013-08-21 18:36:00 UTC
Ok, I’ve tweaked the linker settings to be more specific about running on Windows version 5.01 and uploaded a new version of the program.

I have managed to run the EXE on a Windows XP machine so, provided I managed to get the right EXE into the ZIP file, it should work for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but it has at least proved the point of the Beta

Paul.

Paul Clarke
www.mqgem.com

Ward, Mike S
2013-08-21 19:36:00 UTC
Great
 This worked. I will continue to work with it and let you know of any other problems, if any.

Ok, I’ve tweaked the linker settings to be more specific about running on Windows version 5.01 and uploaded a new version of the program.

I have managed to run the EXE on a Windows XP machine so, provided I managed to get the right EXE into the ZIP file, it should work for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but it has at least proved the point of the Beta [Smile]

Paul.

Paul Clarke