Odd Java MQ API behaviour
Veera Godavarthy
2013-08-08 04:39:48 UTC
Listed under 7.5.0.2 fixes. Not sure if this is relevant for you.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=171&uid=swg1IC91865

Thanks

Veera Godavarthy

From: Darren Douch <douchd-deqWdTs+***@public.gmane.org>
To: MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80QeFbOYke1v4oOpTq8/***@public.gmane.org,
Date: 24/07/2013 08:59
Subject: Odd Java MQ API behaviour
Sent by: MQSeries List <MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80QeFbOYke1v4oOpTq8/***@public.gmane.org>

Guys

WMQ 7.1.0.0 on Wintel ... yes, patching it will be my next step .. but I
seem to
be seeing something odd and wonder if I'm missing the bleeding obvious.

qm.put(qname,qmname,msg,pmo) - when I try to put a msg that is too big for
the
queue ... the msg does not appear on the queue, but I get no MQException
thrown
either.

qm.accessQueue(blahblah) followed by q.put(msg,pmo) gives the expected
behaviour
- no msg on the queue but a thrown MQException.

This is just putting to bog-standard local queues. Nothing fancy. Any
thoughts?

Thanks
Darren.

PS. I'm no Java propeller-head but I'm not a complete newbie either.