WMQ Multi-Instance
Hatcher Jeter
2013-06-13 19:58:14 UTC
Is is possible to have a Multi-instance Qmgr on a Cloud? So you would
have two Qmgrs on a Cloud on Difference servers. How would the NFSv4
device be handled?

Hatcher H. Jeter, Jr.
Domain Architect - Integration Technologies
IBM Practice
Avnet Services

Mobilel: 804-334-4750
hatcher.jeter-***@public.gmane.org
www.atech.com

This message, including files attached to it, may contain confidential
information that is intended only for the use of the ADDRESSEES(S) named
above. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination or copying of the information contained in this message,
or the taking of any action in reliance upon the information, is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the message from your system. Thank You.

Neil Casey
2013-06-13 22:43:10 UTC
Hi Hatcher,

like most questions involving clouds, I think the answer here depends on
what you mean by 'cloud'.

I have worked on a site that has a private cloud which consists of zSeries
and xSeries servers providing virtual machines running zLinux, xLinux or
Windows. It is supported by SAN and NAS storage appliances.

We can request 2 guests (of the same type) and some storage (CIFS, NFSv4
or shared SAN using GFS2, depending on the platform). The storage gets
mounted to both guests, we install MQ, and create our Multi-Instance Queue
Manager.

So, if you call that configuration a cloud, then your answer is "Yes, MIQM
can be done in a cloud".

Not everyone might describe this configuration as a cloud though.

Regards

Neil Casey
Technical Consultant Messaging

Phone: +61-3-8641-1068 | Mobile: +61-438-573-152
E-mail: Neil.Casey-***@public.gmane.org

c/- NAB 14/555 Collins St
Melbourne, Vic 3000
Australia

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed are those of the author, and do not
represent anything from IBM.

From: Hatcher Jeter <Hatcher.Jeter-***@public.gmane.org>
To: MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80QeFbOYke1v4oOpTq8/***@public.gmane.org,
Date: 14/06/2013 06:03
Subject: WMQ Multi-Instance
Sent by: MQSeries List <MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80QeFbOYke1v4oOpTq8/***@public.gmane.org>

Hatcher Jeter

From: Neil Casey <Neil.Casey-***@public.gmane.org>

To: MQSERIES-0lvw86wZMd9k/bWDasg6f+***@public.gmane.org,

Date: 06/13/2013 06:38 PM

Subject: Re: WMQ Multi-Instance

Sent by: MQSeries List <MQSERIES-0lvw86wZMd9k/bWDasg6f+***@public.gmane.org>

Hi Hatcher,

like most questions involving clouds, I think the answer here depends on
what you mean by 'cloud'.

I have worked on a site that has a private cloud which consists of zSeries
and xSeries servers providing virtual machines running zLinux, xLinux or
Windows. It is supported by SAN and NAS storage appliances.

We can request 2 guests (of the same type) and some storage (CIFS, NFSv4 or
shared SAN using GFS2, depending on the platform). The storage gets mounted
to both guests, we install MQ, and create our Multi-Instance Queue Manager.

So, if you call that configuration a cloud, then your answer is "Yes, MIQM
can be done in a cloud".

Not everyone might describe this configuration as a cloud though.

Regards

Neil Casey
Technical Consultant Messaging

Phone: +61-3-8641-1068 | Mobile: +61-438-573-152 (Embedded image moved
E-mail: Neil.Casey-***@public.gmane.org to file: pic29358.gif)
IBM

c/- NAB 14/555 Collins
St
Melbourne, Vic 3000
Australia

(Embedded image moved to file: pic11478.gif)Certified for
WebSphere