Viewing accounting and statistics data in MBX
Potkay, Peter M (CTO Architecture + Engineering)
2013-09-27 18:37:31 UTC
So, thought I'd give this a whirl.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmbhelp/v8r0m0/topic/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/bj10420_.htm

First problem, even though I have a secure connection to the broker's Queue Manager in MBX already, viewing the Statistics window seems to feel the need to want to open up ANOTHER channel connection to the QM, over SYSTEM.DEF.SVRCONN no less.

Fine, I find the place where I can choose to put the channel name for this 'statistics' connection. And the only input field is the name of the channel. There is no place to specify SSL or Security Exit info. So of course the connection is properly rejected by the exit on the Queue Manager.

If I temporarily configure a wide open channel for this secondary connection it works.

So, as annoying as it is that I have to open a second channel even though I already have a perfectly good, properly authenticated and properly authorized connection already, I can deal with specifying another channel name.

Can someone tell me how to make this secondary connection work over a SVRCONN channel that has SSL and/or an Exit?

Peter Potkay

This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.