I seem to be missing an ICH408I message
Ward Able, Grant
2013-08-19 09:27:56 UTC
This may be a Broker question, rather than an MQ question, but here goes...

I am deploying messageflows (for WBIFN) in Broker V7 and the deploy seems to work OK, except I get these messages:

02.02.43 STC45219 +BIP2806E MQMBBRK 0 THE BROKER WAS UNABLE TO PUBLISH TO WEBSPHERE MQ QUEUE '$SYS/Broker/MQMBBRK/Status'. :
ImbAAPublish(195)
02.02.43 STC45219 +BIP7122E MQMBBRK 0 FAILURE OCCURRED PUTTING A MESSAGE TO THE QUEUE MAN 479
479 AGER ON TOPIC '$SYS/Broker/MQMBBRK/Status'. THE WEBSPHERE MQ REASON CO
479 DE IS '2035'. : ImbMqHelper(1138)

MQRC(2035) is NOT_AUTHORISED. I would expect an ICH408I message somewhere to tell me what ID, what profile and what access level was attempted. However I do not get this in any address space or in the SDSF log.

Has anyone had something similar? How do I correct this?

NOTE - I do have a RACF profile hlq.PUBLISH.* that the broker Userid has ALTER access to.

Regards - Grant.
Telephone Internal: 201496 (London)
Telephone External: +44 (0)207 650 1496

<BR>_____________________________________________________________
<FONT size=2><BR>
DTCC DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and any
attachments from your system. The recipient should check this email
and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company
accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted
by this email.</FONT>

Michael Klaeschen
2013-08-19 10:46:09 UTC
Wether or not ICH408I is written depends on resource manager
implementation solely. In this case, the Message Broker decided -- upon
configuration or design -- to not request the message from SAF. Same is
true for audit records if program runs APF authorized, systemkey 0-7 or in
supervisor state. But in general you will find all the information in SMF
type 80 records. Your RACF administrator should have a handy IFASMFDP JCL
(or see sample JCL on using IRRADU00 in chapter 3 of Security Server RACF
Auditor's Guide).

Cheers
Michael

Von: "Ward Able, Grant" <GWardable-2i2pPuz+***@public.gmane.org>
An: MQSERIES-0lvw86wZMd9k/bWDasg6f+***@public.gmane.org
Datum: 2013-08-19 11:28
Betreff: I seem to be missing an ICH408I message
Gesendet von: MQSeries List <MQSERIES-0lvw86wZMd9k/bWDasg6f+***@public.gmane.org>

[...]

List Archive - Manage Your List Settings - Unsubscribe

Basler Securitas Versicherungs-Aktiengesellschaft | Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Bad Homburg v.d.H. |
Amtsgericht Bad Homburg v.d.H., HRB 9357 | USt-ID-Nr. DE 276021973 |
Vorstand: Jan De Meulder - Vorsitzender, Markus Jost, Dr. Jürg
Schiltknecht, Dr. Alexander Tourneau, Dr. Christoph Wetzel |
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Martin Strobel |
Basler Straße 4, 61345 Bad Homburg v.d.H. |

Basler Lebensversicherungs-AG | Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg |
Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 4659 | Ust-ID-Nr. DE 276021973 |
Vorstand: Jan De Meulder - Vorsitzender, Markus Jost, Dr. Jürg
Schiltknecht, Dr. Alexander Tourneau, Dr. Christoph Wetzel |
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Martin Strobel |
Ludwig-Erhard-Straße 22, 20459 Hamburg

Basler Leben AG | Aktiengesellschaft nach Schweizer Recht |
Deutsche Zweigniederlassung: Basler Leben AG Direktion für Deutschland |
Amtsgericht Bad Homburg v.d.H., HRB 1229 | Ust-ID-Nr. DE 281452875 |
Hauptbevollmächtigter für Deutschland: Jan De Meulder |
Basler Straße 4, 61345 Bad Homburg v.d.H. |

Basler Versicherung AG | Aktiengesellschaft nach Schweizer Recht |
Deutsche Zweigniederlassung: Basler Versicherung AG Direktion für
Deutschland |
Amtsgericht Bad Homburg v.d.H., HRB 1228 | USt-ID-Nr. DE 281452875 |
Hauptbevollmächtigter für Deutschland: Jan De Meulder |
Basler Straße 4, 61345 Bad Homburg v.d.H. |

Deutscher Ring Sachversicherungs-AG |
Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 7144 | USt-ID-Nr. 276021973 |

Dinesh Thakur
2013-08-20 01:21:17 UTC

It is MQ who checks if the user is authorized for the function it intending to do. The ICH408I message should be in the MQ MSTR log.

Regards,
Dinesh

Sent from my iPhone
[...]

List Archive - Manage Your List Settings - Unsubscribe
Instructions for managing your mailing list subscription are provided in the Listserv General Users Guide available at http://www.lsoft.com
Ward Able, Grant
2013-08-20 15:13:22 UTC
I am somewhat embarrassed by this.

I had attempted to use the V7.1 version of the SCSQPROC(CSQ4INSG) to add the resources for pub/sub to my V7.0 qmgr. And then to top it off, I had not checked the completion codes of the batch job, just assumed that they worked (they always do, right?).

After using the correct CSQ4INSG member, I no longer get the MQRC(2035) errors I reported initially.

Oh dear, what a plonker!

Von: "Ward Able, Grant" <***@DTCC.COM<mailto:***@DTCC.COM>>
An: ***@LISTSERV.MEDUNIWIEN.AC.AT<mailto:***@LISTSERV.MEDUNIWIEN.AC.AT>
Datum: 2013-08-19 11:28