WMQ 7.5 and MQ Client.......
Coombs, Lawrence
2013-06-17 15:28:10 UTC
In WMQ 7.5, if I have three queue managers (QM1, QM2 and QM3) in a queue manager group. In the CCDT I specify affinity(none) and clntwght of 5, 3 and 2 respectively (50% to QM1, 30% to QM2 and 20% to QM3). If BOTH QM1 and QM2 fails, will QM3 accept ALL the incoming client connections? Or, will the client code continue to try and limit the connections to 20%?

This message, including any attachments, is the property of Sears Holdings Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries. It is confidential and may contain proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it without reading the contents. Thank you.

Paul Clarke
2013-06-17 15:37:39 UTC
Hi Lawrence,

The idea is that while ever at least one server is running then all connections will connect successfully. The weighting merely tries to split the connections proportionately across the available servers. If you want to limit the number of connections accepted by a server then you should use MAXINST or MAXINSTC or another mechanism.

Cheers,
P.

Paul Clarke
www.mqgem.com

Coombs, Lawrence
2013-06-17 16:21:07 UTC
Thanks.

www.mqgem.com<http://www.mqgem.com>

________________________________

________________________________

2013-06-24 14:56:41 UTC
trying to download a SupportPac and after I click "agree" to the license
(on two different pages!), I get this error:

The webpage
at*ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/integration/support/supportpacs/individual/ma01.zip*might
be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

am I doing something silly, or did the SupportPacs "disappear"?

Umapathy Subburam
2013-06-24 15:13:35 UTC
I don't even get to that stage. I am getting some funny error when trying to login to the fixcentral website.
Error 500: javax.servlet.ServletException: readProfileByIBMUniqueID exception retrieving profile for IBMUID

trying to download a SupportPac and after I click "agree" to the license (on two different pages!), I get this error:

The webpage at ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/integration/support/supportpacs/individual/ma01.zip might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

am I doing something silly, or did the SupportPacs "disappear"?

________________________________

Satellite Information Services Limited. Registered Office: 17 Corsham Street, London, N1 6DR. Company No. 4243307

The information in this email (which includes any files transmitted with it) is confidential and is intended for the addressee only. Unauthorized recipients are required to maintain confidentiality. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately, destroy any copies and delete it from your computer system.

Pasha, Mir Musthafa Ali - Contractor {BIS}
2013-06-25 17:04:07 UTC
I don't have any issues accessing it. It works just fine for me. May be your firewall is blocking access to the site.

H R Sridhar
2013-06-26 04:01:08 UTC
Hello listers,

We did enquire about any issues being faced and I do believe that there was
an issue with the FTP downloads not working properly. I believe they are
fixed now.

With regards,
Sridhar