MCAUSER & Top Secret question: SOLVED! (partially but...)
Pere Guerrero Olmedo
2013-09-13 08:17:46 UTC
To respond who were interested in this post, the problem was the following:

Big Mq installation with security implemented long time ago, no changes made during years and then try to find what profile was giving me the headache.
Finally the problem was:

Chinit user (ACID in TopSecret terms) had defined a group (apart from more than 15 others) which had defined the MQADMIN class with qmgr.RESLEVEL = ALL (ALTER in RACF terms).

That meant MQ never check any security with CHINIT connections, no matter what you had in the MCAUSER field.

I assure you it is much easier to explain than detect it... :)

Once solved I have another problem (fortunately I have a bypass), that is how to change this class in all my QMGRs and how to refresh it.

The thing is Refresh security(*) and RVERIFY commands doesn't work. I really suspect those changes made against the Chinit user cannot be implemented dynamically, and it only can be refreshed by restarting the Started Task. I've been looking for documentation that confirms me this point with no success.

Other changes like refresh security type(SSL) work fine.

Anybody who can confirm me?

Thanks
Regards.
Pere

From: Pere Guerrero Olmedo <Pere.Guerrero.Olmedo-***@public.gmane.org<mailto:Pere.Guerrero.Olmedo-***@public.gmane.org>>
To: MQSERIES-0lvw86wZMd9k/bWDasg6f+***@public.gmane.org<mailto:MQSERIES-0lvw86wZMd8hNtF/***@public.gmane.orgNIWIEN.AC.AT>
Date: 09/04/2013 10:57 AM
Subject: Re: MCAUSER & Top Secret question
Sent by: MQSeries List <MQSERIES-0lvw86wZMd9k/bWDasg6f+***@public.gmane.org<mailto:MQSERIES-0lvw86wZMd9k/bWDasg6f+***@public.gmane.org>>
________________________________

Again I didn't express what I want correctly, sorry...

What I see is, it seems Chinit userid is always used instead of MCAUSER, so with SSL I can use the user assigned to the certificate instead of the Chinit one, consequently, in this scenario I can control the access to the queue.

My problem is that something is omitted elsewhere (I suspect in any TopSecret definition) and MCAUSER is being ignored.

I'm checking technotes related to RESLEVEL problems, my frustration but , they always are related to Racf and not TopSecret.

Thanks
Regards
Pere

2013-09-13 13:15:20 UTC
Issue closed

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&q1=mqadmin+refresh&uid=swg21249863&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&cc=us&lang=en

Chinit must be restarted after a change in the MQADMIN class.

Regards.
Pere