Connections to multiple qmgrs from one client machine
Pasha, Mir Musthafa Ali - Contractor {BIS}
2013-06-25 18:04:28 UTC
Hello All,
Hope this email finds you in peace. I have a situation on hand which I am sure many of you would have already seen before.
I have an application running on machine A trying to access a qmgr on a Linux server QM1. I had configured the client connection in the mqclient.ini file using the ServerConnectionParms parameter.
Now they are trying to connect to a different qmgr running on a mainframe box QM2 from the same machine A. If I add another ServerConnectionParms parameter under the Channels stanza, the application is only seeing QM1 even when they are trying to access queues on QM2.

Questions:

1. In the mqclient.ini file, Can we add multiple ServerConnectionParms in the Channels stanza each pointing to different qmgrs on different platforms.

a. I thought it is possible based on the MQ documentation http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r0/topic/com.ibm.mq.csqzaf.doc/cs13370_.htm However, it does not seem to be working.

2. How can we use CCDT in this scenario? Since it is a binary file specific to each qmgr on a specific platform, I am thinking this is not an option. Correct?

3. How can this issue be better addressed?

Sincerely,
Mir Musthafa Ali Pasha
PepsiCo, Inc. | BIS
MQ | Substation | TIBCO File Adapter | DRF/OS2 | QPasa Support
Work: 972-963-1622 | Cell: 469-237-0563

Potkay, Peter M (CTO Architecture + Engineering)
2013-06-25 18:09:15 UTC
You can use MQ Client Channel tables if you want your MQ Client app to connect to multiple Queue managers at the same time, if the MQ Client knows itself the names of the queue managers it wants to connect to.

You should question any design that calls for an MQ Client to connect to more than one queue manager at a time. Rarely is that a good design.

Peter Potkay

[...]

This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.