amqrfdm utility...
Coombs, Lawrence
2013-07-02 04:11:21 UTC
I might be Johnny come lately, but I stumbled across this utility.

WebSphere MQ Repository Query Program written by Paul Clarke
Usage : amqrfdm [-m QMgrName] [-d]

Apparently it was written by Mr. Paul Clarke.

Just FYI.

This message, including any attachments, is the property of Sears Holdings Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries. It is confidential and may contain proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it without reading the contents. Thank you.

Paul Clarke
2013-07-02 05:21:38 UTC
Hi Lawrence,

Yes, that utility has been around for a while. When I wrote the code for the cluster cache I wanted some way of easily displaying what was in it for testing purposes. In the same way as I wrote AMQRDBGM when I wrote the channels. AMQRFDM was purely a development tool initially. However, the MQ service team thought it was so useful that they asked for it to be released with the product so it could be run at a customer installation. However, it is not really designed to be used without guidance from service, apart from anything else the documentation about it is.....ahem......light.

Cheers,
Paul.

Paul Clarke
www.mqgem.com

Neil Casey
2013-07-02 06:26:11 UTC
Hi Paul,

my recollection of the physics of light is that it has inertia, but no
mass.

Is that a reasonable description of the documentation?

Regards

Neil Casey
Technical Consultant Messaging

Phone: +61-3-8641-1068 | Mobile: +61-438-573-152
E-mail: Neil.Casey-***@public.gmane.org

c/- NAB 14/555 Collins St
Melbourne, Vic 3000
Australia

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed are those of the author, and do not
represent anything on behalf of IBM.

From: Paul Clarke <paul.clarke85-C2P5NI4ZpDVm9/***@public.gmane.org>
To: MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80QeFbOYke1v4oOpTq8/***@public.gmane.org,
Date: 02/07/2013 15:26
Sent by: MQSeries List <MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80QeFbOYke1v4oOpTq8/***@public.gmane.org>

Paul Clarke
2013-07-02 06:30:34 UTC
It certainly has very little mass which is usually of no consequence but can be relevant in times of extreme gravity.

Paul Clarke
www.mqgem.com

Tim Zielke
2013-07-02 06:57:22 UTC
Coincidentally, I just took the IBM Designing and Architecting Clustering Solutions class last week, and they had about 10+ pages of class material dedicated to amqrfdm with some doc and examples on how to use it.

Thanks,
Tim

Yes, that utility has been around for a while. When I wrote the code for the cluster cache I wanted some way of easily displaying what was in it for testing purposes. In the same way as I wrote AMQRDBGM when I wrote the channels. AMQRFDM was purely a development tool initially. However, the MQ service team thought it was so useful that they asked for it to be released with the product so it could be run at a customer installation. However, it is not really designed to be used without guidance from service, apart from anything else the documentation about it is.....ahem......light. [Smile]

Cheers,
Paul.

Paul Clarke
www.mqgem.com

Paul Clarke
2013-07-02 08:06:46 UTC
Indeed, there is ‘some’ information out there if you look hard enough and the external program has been simplified somewhat to make it less hazardous. The early versions allowed you to do all sorts of weird and wonderful things to your cache to clean it up or simulate some catastrophe or another. However, it is still a tool aimed at the experienced user who has a particular need rather than an extension to the product. If you find you need the tool on a regular basis then that would suggest we either have a product bug or we should improve the ’DIS CLUSQMGR’ command or whatever.

Cheers,
Paul.

Paul Clarke
www.mqgem.com