Weird TCP/IP error with client channel...
Coombs, Lawrence
2014-05-20 01:40:35 UTC
Occasionally I am getting this error (on the MQServer) for a client application. I have Googled this x'68' TCP error, but my limited knowledge of TCP is preventing me from making any sense of this error. I am not too stressed about this error since I will be upgrading this server in a couple of weeks, but it just drives me nuts to not be able to understand what could be causing this error. The MQServer is 6.0.2.10(I know, I know.......).

Can someone shed any light on this TCP error code as it pertains to a MQ Client connection?

errno 68: EADDRNOTAVAIL 68 Can't assign requested address
************************************************************************************************************************************
04/19/2014 07:18:14 PM - Process(19699.699) User(mqm) Program(amqrmppa)
AMQ9208: Error on receive from host 189 (189.179.149.40).

EXPLANATION:
An error occurred receiving data from 189 (189.179.149.40) over TCP/IP. This
may be due to a communications failure.
ACTION:
The return code from the TCP/IP (read) call was 104 (X'68'). Record these
values and tell the systems administrator.

This message, including any attachments, is the property of Sears Holdings Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries. It is confidential and may contain proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it without reading the contents. Thank you.

Ian Alderson
2014-05-20 08:05:25 UTC
Hi Lawrence,
I usually see AMQ9208 error when an application has terminated without cleanly disconnecting from the Queue Manager. E.g. someone kills a client app instead of letting it end gracefully or an application hits some logic where it simply does not attempt to disconnect before ending. Less commonly it could also be caused by a network error which would see more widespread problems.

If you really want to look up TCP error codes, then you need to be aware that they vary by platform. Here’s a list I found on google, which I presume means that you are running on Linux (connection reset by partner)? Although you’re really getting into the internals of how a particular version of MQ is handling socket calls and error conditions, so may be of more use to IBM support.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v8/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.db2.udb.doc/core/rcommsec.htm

Hope that helps,
Ian

Ian Alderson
MQ Technical Architect

[cid:***@1995ed66.459a66c6]

DL 0203 003 3055

________________________________
Ignis Asset Management
Fixed Income | Equities | Real Estate | Advisors | Solutions
150 Cheapside | London | EC2V 6ET

http://www.ignisasset.com
http://twitter.com/IgnisAM
http://www.linkedin.com/companies/ignis-asset-management

Occasionally I am getting this error (on the MQServer) for a client application. I have Googled this x’68’ TCP error, but my limited knowledge of TCP is preventing me from making any sense of this error. I am not too stressed about this error since I will be upgrading this server in a couple of weeks, but it just drives me nuts to not be able to understand what could be causing this error. The MQServer is 6.0.2.10(I know, I know

.).

[...]

The information contained in this email (including any attachments transmitted within it) is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the named person.
The unauthorised access, copying or re-use of the information in it by any other person is strictly forbidden.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by return email to ***@ignisasset.com.

Internet communication is not guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus free. We accept no liability for any harm to systems or data, nor for personal emails. Emails may be recalled, deleted and monitored.

Ignis Asset Management is the trading name of the Ignis Asset Management Limited group of companies which includes the following subsidiaries:
Ignis Asset Management Limited (Registered in Scotland No. SC200801), Ignis Investment Services Limited* (Registered in Scotland No. SC101825)
Ignis Fund Managers Limited* (Registered in Scotland No. SC85610) Scottish Mutual Investment Managers Limited* (Registered in Scotland No. SC88674)
Registered Office: 50 Bothwell Street, Glasgow, G2 6HR, Tel: 0141-222-8000 and Scottish Mutual PEP & ISA Managers Limited* (Registered in England No. 971504)
Registered Office: 1 Wythall Green Way, Wythall, Birmingham B47 6WG and Ignis Investment Management Limited (Registered in England No. 5809046)
Registered Office: 150 Cheapside, London, EC2V 6ET Tel: 020 3003 3000. Scottish Mutual is a registered trade mark of Scottish Mutual Assurance Limited

*Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.