Another weird situation...
Coombs, Lawrence
2013-11-27 18:43:31 UTC
I have a queue below that displays a curdepth of 3. When I try to browse the queue I get nothing. The uncommitted flag reads yes.
However, how can I have uncommitted messages on a queue where the IPPRCOS and OPPROCS is zero?

1 : display qstatus('ECOM.ORDERFLOW.FULFILL.VGCVOID.QC01') all
AMQ8450: Display queue status details.
QUEUE(ECOM.ORDERFLOW.FULFILL.VGCVOID.QC01)
TYPE(QUEUE) CURDEPTH(3)
IPPROCS(0) LGETDATE( )
LGETTIME( ) LPUTDATE( )
LPUTTIME( ) MEDIALOG(S0003328.LOG)
MONQ(MEDIUM) MSGAGE(32142935)
OPPROCS(0) QTIME( , )
UNCOM(YES)

This message, including any attachments, is the property of Sears Holdings Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries. It is confidential and may contain proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it without reading the contents. Thank you.

Paul Clarke
2013-11-27 18:48:46 UTC

It is certainly possible for an indoubt transaction to survive long after the applications which created it. When a transaction is prepared the applications could end (or indeed the machine could crash) and the record of the transaction would be maintained. What does the output of dspmqtrn tell you ?

Cheers,
Paul.

Paul Clarke
www.mqgem.com

Coombs, Lawrence
2013-11-27 19:04:52 UTC
I think a JVM crashed and probably caused this condition. I am going to restart the application server and see if this transaction gets resolved.

www.mqgem.com<http://www.mqgem.com>

________________________________

________________________________

Andrew Hickson
2013-11-27 19:08:52 UTC
Even without 2 phase commit it's common to have UNCOM(YES) with IPPROCS(0)
and OPPROCS(0).
Take the following sequence

1. MQOPEN
2. MQPUT +MQPMO_SYNCPOINT
3. MQCLOSE
4. SLEEP
5. MQCMIT

At step 4 the UNCOM(YES) IPPROCS(0) OPPROCS(0) state exists.

In MQ 7.5 the dspmqtrn command was extended to allow active transactions
to be displayed which should show the cause of the uncommitted message.
Prior to 7.5 dspmqtrn only shows indoubt transaction and so is not
guaranteed to show the transaction responsible for this state.

MQ L2/L3 do have tools to show the full transaction state on earlier MQ
service levels if necessary.

From: Paul Clarke <paul.clarke85-C2P5NI4ZpDVm9/***@public.gmane.org>
To: MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80QeFbOYke1v4oOpTq8/***@public.gmane.org,
Date: 27/11/2013 18:48

[...]