MQ 7.5 and relocation on AIX
Meekin, Paul
2013-12-11 10:57:13 UTC
Hi List,

On an AIX system I created User Specified Installation Location (USIL) /usr/mqm75. This is actually a symlink to another location, /opt/tempmq/mqm75 but when I installed MQ using -R /usr/mqm75 all went well as expected.

But when I dspmqinst it shows the Installation location to be /opt/tempmq/mqm75/usr/mqm rather than the actual USIL name. Similarly trying to set this as the primary installation fails if I use -p /usr/mqm75/usr/mqm but works if I use -p /opt/temp/mqm75/usr/mqm.

It's still early days for us using 7.5 relocated so I'm not sure how much of an issue this may be, although I think certain automated actions might be complicated such as how to relate the USIL installation to the installed version.

Anyone else noticed this or found any issues that it has caused?

Cheers,
Paul