Conn list w/o Multi-instance
Jackson, Richard R.
2014-09-03 17:34:20 UTC
Group

We've gotten a few requests from outside partners to have multiple IP addresses on sender channel
even though the partner doesn't have a multi instance QMgr set up.

I think the intent is to have multiple routes to the same qmgr in case of a line failure.
These requests are probably coming from the network groups not MQ sysadmins.

I'm not familiar with NATing and IP broadcasting, etc... I'm guessing this is a view to hands off recovery.

Are there messages in the CHINIT that show an IP switch or is a Dis CHstatus required.
Any thoughts on this. Did anyone test this.

Rich
DTCC DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and any attachments from your system. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

gshubert-MaERPT+
2014-09-03 18:51:12 UTC
We do that quite a bit. I don't remember any messages coming out, as the
failover is fairly quick. However, channel startup can take a little bit
longer.

Thank you,

Glen Shubert
Technical Analyst - MQSeries Technical Support
Email: ***@tsys.com

From: "Jackson, Richard R." <***@DTCC.COM>
To: ***@LISTSERV.MEDUNIWIEN.AC.AT
Date: 09/03/2014 02:05 PM
Subject: Conn list w/o Multi-instance
Sent by: MQSeries List <***@LISTSERV.MEDUNIWIEN.AC.AT>

[...]

List Archive - Manage Your List Settings - Unsubscribe

The information contained in this communication (including any
attachments hereto) is confidential and is intended solely for the
personal and confidential use of the individual or entity to whom
it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended
communication in error and that any review, dissemination, copying,
or unauthorized use of this information, or the taking of any
please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original
message. Thank you

Jefferson Lowrey
2014-09-03 17:52:38 UTC
I guess my question is - does it matter to you if the ip switch occurs?

If the switch occurs, and the channel is still running successfully, then
there's basically no impact to you.

If the switch occurs, and the channel doesn't run successfully, then it's
the same as if the channel just failed without switching.

So as long as you're already monitoring the channel for stopped states,
then it shouldn't matter what IP address it's running on. At least, in my
view.

Thank you,

Jeff Lowrey

Coombs, Lawrence
2014-09-03 19:51:18 UTC
Using jboss 7.2 and WMQ 7.5.

12:17:16,884 WARN [org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer] (jmsContainerEmailUF-1) Could not refresh JMS Connection for destination '***@3b0d1fa0' - retrying in 5000 ms. Cause: MQJCA1026: An operation on a domain specific object was not valid.

Does anyone know how to resolve this error? I googled it but am afraid I am not understanding any of what was posted.

This message, including any attachments, is the property of Sears Holdings Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries. It is confidential and may contain proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it without reading the contents. Thank you.