MQ Probe IDs - where does a list exist ?
Firoz Kotta
2013-08-23 15:22:47 UTC
IBM used to have a list of all probe-ids on a page.
It now seems that link is no longer available.

Does anybody have a copy of the page OR knows where that page now exists ?

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=171&context=SSFKSJ&dc=DB520&uid=swg21263548&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en&rss=ct171websphere

Best regards,

Firoz Kotta
(Cell) 732.470.9049
(Email) firoz.kotta-***@public.gmane.org
(vcard) http://firozkotta.businesscard2.com/

T.Rob
2013-08-23 16:27:25 UTC
I put "WebSphere MQ" "Probe ID" into Google and it gave me back a bunch of
documents with various Probe IDs. I then took several of those and put them
into Google at the same time to see if it found a page with all of them.
Despite trying several combinations, no search with 4 or more Probe IDs
returned a document. While I do not usually subscribe to the belief that
"if Google can't find it on the web, it doesn't exist," I would in this case
venture a bet that the page in question is no longer available on the public
web.

Someone please prove me wrong with some better Google fu. I haven't looked
at that index in a long time but always thought it was a good resource. I'd
love to discover it's really there and the problem is that I just can't
search worth a darn.

-- T.Rob

IBM used to have a list of all probe-ids on a page.
It now seems that link is no longer available.

Does anybody have a copy of the page OR knows where that page now exists ?

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=171
<http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=171&context=SSFKSJ&dc=DB520&uid
=swg21263548&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en&rss=ct171websphere>
&context=SSFKSJ&dc=DB520&uid=swg21263548&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en&rss=ct17
1websphere

Best regards,

Firoz Kotta
(Cell) 732.470.9049
(Email) firoz.kotta-***@public.gmane.org
(vcard) http://firozkotta.businesscard2.com/

_____

Manage Your List Settings
<http://listserv.meduniwien.ac.at/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=mqser-l&A=1> -
Unsubscribe
<mailto:LISTSERV-0lvw86wZMd9k/bWDasg6f+***@public.gmane.org?subject=Unsubscribe&BODY=signoff%
20mqseries>

Instructions for managing your mailing list subscription are provided in the
Listserv General Users Guide available at http://www.lsoft.com
<http://www.lsoft.com/resources/manuals.asp>

Andrew Hickson
2013-08-23 17:14:41 UTC
There is no such list, nor any simple means of even automatically
generating even a simple list of id's, yet alone creating a description of
every probe id in such a list.
It's possible that at some time some helpful sole created a list of common
probe id's with some text description of the kind of issues reported by
those probes, but I don't believe that MQ development have ever provided,
or vetted, such a list.

From: "T.Rob" <t.rob-CkT6zf+urXSzW/GOMZKyElesiRL1/***@public.gmane.org>
To: MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80QeFbOYke1v4oOpTq8/***@public.gmane.org
Date: 23/08/2013 17:27
Subject: Re: MQ Probe IDs - where does a list exist ?
Sent by: MQSeries List <MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80QeFbOYke1v4oOpTq8/***@public.gmane.org>

[...]

List Archive - Manage Your List Settings - Unsubscribe

List Archive - Manage Your List Settings - Unsubscribe

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

Schanz, Arthur
2013-08-23 20:00:24 UTC
Andrew -

I have always found this to be quite confusing, as similar information for the z/OS version of the product has been well documented from the beginning. I understand the genesis for the Codes (including the Component identifiers) was DB2, as WMQ for z/OS can trace its roots there. That being said, was there some conscious decision made by Development to NOT offer the same type of information for the distributed products?

Cheers,
Art

________________________________
[National IT Services]Arthur Schanz
Distributed Computing Spec
Messaging and File Transfer

[National IT Green Logo]

[CertWS_color]

From: "T.Rob" <t.rob-CkT6zf+urXSzW/GOMZKyElesiRL1/***@public.gmane.org<mailto:***@IOPTCONSULTING.COM>>
To: MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80QeFbOYke1v4oOpTq8/***@public.gmane.org<mailto:MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80Ties2YCUG/***@public.gmane.orgniwien.ac.at>
Date: 23/08/2013 17:27
Sent by: MQSeries List <MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80QeFbOYke1v4oOpTq8/***@public.gmane.org<mailto:MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80QeFbOYke1v4oOpTq8/***@public.gmane.org>>
________________________________

(Email) firoz.kotta-***@public.gmane.org<mailto:firoz.kotta-***@public.gmane.org>

Andrew Hickson
2013-08-23 21:03:55 UTC
The vast majority of these FDC's are only meaningful to MQ development, or
MQ L2/L3. Knowing that probe id XXYYYZZZ represents some particular
unexpected internal condition isn't very useful to most people. There
would be a significant overhead to building and maintaining such a list,
and with continuing resource pressures it would be hard to justify any
significant investment on this subject.

The probe id's can currently be sensibly used to help match known
problems, but a complete list of probe id's and their meaning isn't really
needed, or useful, for that activity.

From: "Schanz, Arthur" <***@FRIT.FRB.ORG>
To: ***@listserv.meduniwien.ac.at
Date: 23/08/2013 21:00

[...]