Creating new QSG
JAIME GUINOT GOMEZ
2013-09-25 11:09:46 UTC
Hi listers,

We're planning to create new QSG with an existing QMGR and another new QMGR. So following IBM's indications you must create the QSG, and add later (individually) all the QMGRs who will be part of that QSG.

But one of our doubts is if there's the possibility to create that new QSG adding only one QMGR (the existing one) and see if it works (connection to DB2 tables, use of CFStructs, etc) and later, maybe in a couple of weeks, add the second QMGR.

We know that makes no sense cause of the non-use of high availability but we want to know if it would work fine during a time, cause meanwhile we could plan the creation of the second QMGR as the QSG would be working properly with that existing QMGR.

Thanks in advance,
Jaime Guinot Gómez

¿Necesita imprimir este mensaje? Protejamos el medio ambiente * Li cal imprimir aquest missatge? Protegim el medi ambient * Precisa imprimir esta mensaxe? Protexamos o ambiente * Beharrezkoa da mezu hau inprimatzea? Babestu dezagun ingurumena * Do you need to print this message? Let's protect the environment

Advertencia legal: la información de este mensaje de correo electrónico es confidencial y se dirige exclusivamente al destinatario previsto. Si usted ha recibido el mensaje por error, por favor, notifíquelo al remitente y bórrelo sin copiarlo, grabarlo ni distribuirlo.

Advertiment legal: la informació d'aquest missatge de correu electrònic és confidencial i s'adreça exclusivament al destinatari previst. Si ha rebut el missatge per error, sisplau, notifiqui-ho al remitent i esborri'l sense copiar-lo, enregistrar-lo ni distribuir-lo.

Advertencia legal: a información desta mensaxe de correo electrónico é confidencial e diríxese exclusivamente ó destinatario previsto. Se vostede recibiu a mensaxe por erro, por favor, notifíquello ó remitente e bórrea sen copiala, gravala nin distribuíla.

Lege-ohartarazpena: mezu elektroniko honetako informazioa konfidentziala da, eta aurreikusitako hartzaileak jaso behar du. Mezu hau hutsegiteren baten ondorioz jaso baduzu, arren, jakinaraz iezaiozu bidaltzaileari, eta ezabatu mezua, hura kopiatu, grabatu edo banatu gabe.

Legal warning: the information contained in this e-mail message is confidential and is for the exclusive attention of the planned recipient. If you have received the message by error, please notify the sender and delete the message without copying, recording or distributing it.

Paul S Dennis
2013-09-25 11:20:13 UTC
Yes, no problem with that... as you state, not much point having just a
single QMGR in the QSG, but no reason it won't work! Not going to get all
the full benefits of the QSG, but fine for trying it out etc.

Thanks
Paul

Paul Dennis
WebSphere MQ for z/OS Development

From: JAIME GUINOT GOMEZ <***@PROVEEDOREXTERNO.COM>
To: ***@listserv.meduniwien.ac.at,
Date: 25/09/2013 12:09
Subject: Creating new QSG
Sent by: MQSeries List <***@listserv.meduniwien.ac.at>

[...]

List Archive - Manage Your List Settings - Unsubscribe

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.
Lyn Elkins
2013-09-25 14:06:45 UTC
In fact this is how we initially tested our workshop environment - it works
fine.

gshubert-MaERPT+
2013-09-25 22:16:48 UTC
We actually have some QSGs that only contain 1 queue manager. That way,
all the CICS connections could be handled in the same manner. The CICS
regions connect to a group versus a specific queue manager.

Thank you,

Glen Shubert
Associate Director - Operations
email: ***@tsys.com

From: JAIME GUINOT GOMEZ <***@PROVEEDOREXTERNO.COM>
To: ***@LISTSERV.MEDUNIWIEN.AC.AT
Date: 09/25/2013 07:10 AM
[...]

List Archive - Manage Your List Settings - Unsubscribe

The information contained in this communication (including any
attachments hereto) is confidential and is intended solely for the
personal and confidential use of the individual or entity to whom
it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended
communication in error and that any review, dissemination, copying,
or unauthorized use of this information, or the taking of any
please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original
message. Thank you