Windows Client question...
Coombs, Lawrence
2013-11-18 13:52:51 UTC
I downloaded the mqc75_7.5.0.2_win.zip package (MQ Client Support Pac).
I installed it on a Windows 7 Professional x64 Edition, Build 7601: SP1 machine.
When I ran the 'dspmqver' command, it is reporting that the mode is 32-bit.
I thought I was installing a 64-bit version of the WMQ client for Windows.
My question is this, is there a 64-bit version of the WMQ client for Windows? If yes, what is the Support Pac number?
Based on what I Googled and the Read Me file, I was not sure.
Appreciate any help.
========================================================================================================================

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\dspmqver
Name: WebSphere MQ
Version: 7.5.0.2
Level: p750-002-130627
BuildType: IKAP - (Production)
Platform: WebSphere MQ for Windows
Mode: 32-bit
O/S: Windows 7 Professional x64 Edition, Build 7601: SP1
InstName: Installation1
InstDesc: MQ Client for certification
Primary: Yes
InstPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere MQ
DataPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere MQ
MaxCmdLevel: 750

This message, including any attachments, is the property of Sears Holdings Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries. It is confidential and may contain proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it without reading the contents. Thank you.

Tim Zielke
2013-11-18 17:13:48 UTC
Hi Lawrence,

My understanding is that the Mode shows 32 bit because the Windows queue manager runs as a 32 bit application, and the client is reflecting that fact.

However, MQ Windows does support both 32 bit and 64 bit executables and libraries for 32 bit or 64 bit applications -> http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r5/topic/com.ibm.mq.dev.doc/q028660_.htm?resultof=%22%57%69%6e%64%6f%77%73%22%20%22%77%69%6e%64%6f%77%22%20%22%36%34%22%20%22%62%69%74%22%20

If anyone has anything to clarify or correct, please do as I found this initially confusing, as well.

Thanks,
Tim

________________________________

Roger Lacroix
2013-11-18 17:23:42 UTC
Hi Lawrence,

Are you looking for the 64-bit executables for MQ or the 64-bit
libraries to build 64-bit applications?

The 64-bit executables are located at:

{MQ_Install_Path}\bin64

The 64-bit libraries (if you installed them as they are optional) are
located at:

{MQ_Install_Path}\tools\Lib64

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.

Coombs, Lawrence
2013-11-18 18:47:19 UTC
Thanks to all, I feel much better now.
I do have some 64-bit applications to compile and run.