MQ admin change control
Shedlock, George
2014-03-11 18:08:46 UTC
I am looking for ways that MQ resources (queues, channels, etc) can be managed with some sort of change control process that can be used for deployment and auditing.

George Shedlock Jr

[cid:image001.png-ppIycl+v4+6yvmTjuqx+***@public.gmane.org]
10300 Ormsby Park Place ***@transamerica.com<mailto:george.shedlock-kS/o0lOlmb/***@public.gmane.org>
Louisville, KY 40223 T +1 502 560 3541
http://intranet.ds.global/technology/

David Awerbuch (BLOOMBERG/ 120 PARK)
2014-03-11 18:31:31 UTC
Hi George,

You should review the available third party products to locate one that provides:

- individual user logins
- role-based authentication and access control
- role-based (sub)function authorization
- scheduled updates
- audit log with review

I believe this should help you narrow down the available choices.

Beyond these, the product you select should be easy to use and understand, support all variations of all runmqsc commands, and perhaps even allow you command level control (runmqsc interface).

Dave

2014-03-11 18:30:08 UTC
I keep all mqc file changes which define queue/object, etc in the TFS source control system.

As changes are rolled out to production, the branch and change set for the changed files are listed in the change control ticket which is then reviewed by the Change Control review/approval process.

The same applies for OAM modifications through .AUTH files.

Andrew Robert, MQ Architect
T: 617-954-5882 M: 774-275-8347 E: arobert-***@public.gmane.org
MFS Investment Management
111 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02119