WMQFTE file to queue xfer
Ahmad, Omar (CTS)
2014-09-23 16:24:38 UTC
Hi all,
I am configuring WMQFTE in our test environment, I ran the following test to xfer a simple file from z/OS Ishell to a queue.
I have my QMGR MQZ1 defined as coordinator, command and the agent MQZ1AGNT.
I am using WMQ Explorer. The XFER ran successfully, the message landed in xmit queue mqz1.defxmit.queue rather than in the destination queue FTE.MQZ1.TEST.QL.

What am I doing wrong or missing?
Xfer file to que
Sa mqz1agnt
Da mqz1agnt
Sf /u/dis/omar155/TEST1
Dq FTE.MQZ1.TEST.QL

Thanks,

Omar Ahmad
CSD's CICS/WMQ Production Support
Washington State Consolidated Technology Services (CTS)
<((((º>`·.žž.·Ž¯`·.ž.·Ž¯`·...ž><((((º> (360) 407-8893
ž. ·Ž¯`·.ž.Ž¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.žž.·Ž¯`·...ž><((((º> omar.ahmad-***@public.gmane.org<mailto:omar.ahmad-***@public.gmane.org>

George Carey
2014-09-25 11:34:19 UTC
I have never used WMQFTE but it sounds like you may be new to MQ … if you
are putting to a queue on the same QMGR as you are connected, no
channel/xmit queue is used and the write goes directly to the queue(same
with a client connection). If the queue is on a remote QMGR than the message
is staged to an xmit queue and shipped across the channel between your local
QMGR and the remote QMGR by the channel agents and usually any messages
sitting on an XMIT queue means your channel to the destination QMGR is not
running.

If you are not new to MQ processing than I am just showing I am new to
WMQFTE. Hope that helps.

GTC

[...]

_____

Manage Your List Settings
<http://listserv.meduniwien.ac.at/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=mqser-l&A=1> -
Unsubscribe
<mailto:LISTSERV-0lvw86wZMd9k/bWDasg6f+***@public.gmane.org?subject=Unsubscribe&BODY=signoff%
20mqseries>

Instructions for managing your mailing list subscription are provided in the
Listserv General Users Guide available at http://www.lsoft.com
<http://www.lsoft.com/resources/manuals.asp>