MQ Explorer 7.5 run under user who is not the Administrator
Raul Acevedo
2013-12-11 13:31:04 UTC
Does anyone know how to run MQ Explorer under a user who is not the
Administrator on a Windows 7 machine?
I have tried running MQExplorer.ext -configuration <local path> and I get
an error on the log that user does not have access to
/Users/Administrator/... which is true, but we do not want the user to
access the directory for another user, in this case, the Administrator.

Raúl L. Acevedo
Senior IT Architect
IBM Global Business Services
Application Innovation Services (AIS)
818 599 6626 mobile
acevedor-r/Jw6+rmf7HQT0dZR+***@public.gmane.org email
Roger Lacroix
2013-12-11 17:07:26 UTC
Hello Raul,

Back in September, I had the very same
problem. I posted a hack (modifying the
config.ini) that worked for me at mqseries.net:
http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=65372

I didn't open a PMR or anything, it was just
trial and error until something worked.

I wish developers would stop thinking that on
Windows everyone runs either as Administrator or
in the Administrator group. It is one thing to
require administrator privileges to install the
software but after that, everything should be based on OAM permissions.

Oh well, I'm probably howling at the
moon. :( Why can't I be the Senior Architect
for MQ for a week. I do a great Donald Trump impression: 'You're fired!'. :)

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.