Single Logging
Penny Kay
2014-03-06 18:50:31 UTC
I don't spend much time working on MQ so I apologize in advance if my question is to simple. I've put maintenance on MQ 7.0.1 and I am unable to get my test QMGR to start. I am getting CSQJ112E -MQTT CSQJW006 INSUFFICIENT ACTIVE LOG DATA SETS DEFINED IN BSDS. I am doing single logging and I have noticed that my parameters are set to TWOARCH=YES. I have been hunting through the manuals but have been unable to find where I need to change this parameter so that it's in place before I bring up the QMGR. I've found the set command, but it doesn't work because the QMGR is down. Can I place this SET command in CSQINP1? We have always been running with single BSDS's and can't find anything in the notes left by others that tells me how this was changed before.

Thanks
NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any files transmitted with it are intended
together with any attachment, may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
Any unauthorized review, use, printing, saving, copying, disclosure or distribution

Misichko, Pamela
2014-03-06 20:59:59 UTC
TWOARCH is set in the CSQ6LOGP macro which is specified in your system parameter module source. When you start your test queue manager you should be specifying a parm member, otherwise the default module CSQZPARM will be used.

Pam

2014-03-07 00:38:40 UTC
1) IBM provides a CSQZPARM member as part of the installation; and 2) if you
don't specify a zparm member in your START command, the qmgr will load and
use the IBM-supplied CSQZPARM member.

When I create a new qmgr, I immediately rename CSQZPARM to OLDZPARM. And, I
use any other name other than CSQZPARM when I assemble it.

As a consequence, if I ever forget to specify my locally-assembled zparm
member in the START command, I get an 806-04 abend, rather than starting a
default configuration.