qm.ini parameters for queue buffers
Costa, D. (Damian)
2013-10-23 10:11:14 UTC
Hi all,
Is this the correct syntax for setting up memory buffers for queues?
TuningParameters:
DefaultQBufferSize=131070
DefaultPQBufferSize=4194304

On AIX V7.1.0.0, 32 gigs of memory.

We had the persistent buffer at 131070 but didn't see any greater performance. So we went BIG to 4 megs and the performance actually dropped! How do I know that these buffers are in fact actually being created?

Will MQ know if that buffer is in actual memory or the swap files?

I'm sure I followed the right steps:
1: delete queue
2: drop qmgr
3: update qm.ini
4: Restart mq
5: Recreate persistent local queue
6: performance degradation..... SOD!

Any ideas?
Should I wash rinse repeat with a smaller buffer?
Thanks.

********************
Nedbank Limited Reg No 1951/000009/06. The following link displays
the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary.
[ http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm ]
This email is confidential and is intended for the addressee only.
The following link will take you to Nedbank's legal notice.
[ http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/EmailDisclaimer.htm ]
Potkay, Peter M (CTO Architecture + Engineering)
2013-10-23 11:11:33 UTC
Damian,
Have a look at Support pack MP01: "This SupportPac provides instructions for changing the queue limits."
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=171&uid=swg24006866&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

Also check out page 18 and 19 in the MQ Internals presentation from Capitalware's 2013 MQ Tech Conference.
http://www.mqtechconference.com/sessions.html

Peter Potkay

[...]

This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.
Neil Casey
2013-10-23 11:36:37 UTC