'MQDATA' environment variable
David Awerbuch (BLOOMBERG/ 120 PARK)
2013-09-23 17:56:50 UTC
Hello all,

I found this entry in AMQERR01.LOG for a WMQ 7.0.1.4 client installation.

09/20/13 11:24:54 - Process(41285.1) User(op) Program(amqssubc)
Host(somelinuxhost)
AMQ9518: File '/var/mqm/AMQCLCHL.TAB' not found.

EXPLANATION:
The program requires that the file '/var/mqm/AMQCLCHL.TAB' is present and
available.
ACTION:
This may be caused by invalid values for the optional environment variables
MQCHLLIB, MQCHLTAB or MQDATA. If these variables are valid or not set then
record the name of the file and tell the systems administrator who must ensure
that file '/var/mqm/AMQCLCHL.TAB' is available to the program.
----- amqrcdfa.c : 551 --------------------------------------------------------

hmmm ... I can not find a reference to MQDATA environment variable in the 7.0 InfoCenter ... nor can I find a reference to MQDATA environment variable in the 7.1 InfoCenter ... nor the 7.5 InfoCenter.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Thanks,
Dave

David Awerbuch -- Systems Architect -- Middleware Infrastructure
email: ***@bloomberg.net || ==== Bloomberg LP ==== ||
phone: + 1 646 324 2868 || Making Financial ||
WMQ support mq-***@bloomberg.com || Markets Transparent ||
For all Trading Systems issues, please contact the TSCI 24-hour helpdesk.
- Americas - New York +1+212-318-2000
- Europe - London +44-20-7330-7500
- Asia - Tokyo +81-3-3201-8900
- Singapore +65-6212-1000

<< {IS} May you and yours be inscribed in the Book Of Life for health and happiness >>
Dominique Courtois
2013-09-23 22:33:14 UTC
Hi David,
Long ago, once more, this variable was used only on Windows client to
specify the directory of the AMQERR0X.LOG files.
I did not check with the current versions if this is still true.
Anyway this does not fit with your message (AMQCLCHL.TAB related).

May be an old messages never modified.

Regards

Dominique