MQSeries HTTP Bridge
Coombs, Lawrence
2014-06-05 16:42:33 UTC
I am planning to use the WMQ HTTP Bridge for the first time in a production environment. I can see our use expanding in the future.
Are there any issues or gotchas that I should be aware of before I take the plunge?

This message, including any attachments, is the property of Sears Holdings Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries. It is confidential and may contain proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it without reading the contents. Thank you.

Jefferson Lowrey
2014-06-05 19:10:29 UTC
I was just reviewing the V8 Knowledge Center, and one of the prominent
"Changes in v8" is that this is now deprecated.

If you can see your use of it expanding in the future, you might consider
changing your apps to use MQTT or to use the v8 Messaging Client for
JavaScript and WebSockets instead.

Thank you,

Jeff Lowrey

From: "Coombs, Lawrence" <Lawrence.Coombs-***@public.gmane.org>
To: MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80QeFbOYke1v4oOpTq8/***@public.gmane.org
Date: 06/05/2014 11:44 AM
Subject: Re: [MQSERIES] MQSeries HTTP Bridge
Sent by: MQSeries List <MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80QeFbOYke1v4oOpTq8/***@public.gmane.org>

I am planning to use the WMQ HTTP Bridge for the first time in a
production environment. I can see our use expanding in the future.
Are there any issues or gotchas that I should be aware of before I take
the plunge?
This message, including any attachments, is the property of Sears Holdings
Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries. It is confidential and may
contain proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete it without reading the contents. Thank
you.

List Archive - Manage Your List Settings - Unsubscribe

Coombs, Lawrence

From: "Coombs, Lawrence" <Lawrence.Coombs-***@public.gmane.org<mailto:Lawrence.Coombs-***@public.gmane.org>>
To: MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80QeFbOYke1v4oOpTq8/***@public.gmane.org<mailto:MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80Ties2YCUG/***@public.gmane.orgniwien.ac.at>
Date: 06/05/2014 11:44 AM
Sent by: MQSeries List <MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80QeFbOYke1v4oOpTq8/***@public.gmane.org<mailto:MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80QeFbOYke1v4oOpTq8/***@public.gmane.org>>
________________________________

Umapathy Subburam
2014-06-10 13:29:57 UTC
Where can I find more information on this bit. Searching knowledge centres turn out nothing.
Post by Coombs, Lawrence
use the v8 Messaging Client for JavaScript and WebSockets instead.
Even the MQ 7.5 Advanced release announcement talks about javascript.
http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/ShowDoc.wss?docURL=/common/ssi/rep_ca/1/897/ENUS213-121/index.html&lang=en&request_locale=en
* "Support for WebSocket applications, with the new IBM Messaging Client for JavaScript , to allow JavaScript users to build mobile messaging applications without platform specific coding by using HTML5 WebSockets to connect to WebSphere MQ"

Thanks

Umapathy

From: "Coombs, Lawrence" <Lawrence.Coombs-***@public.gmane.org><mailto:Lawrence.Coombs-***@public.gmane.org>>
To: MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80QeFbOYke1v4oOpTq8/***@public.gmane.org<mailto:MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80Ties2YCUG/***@public.gmane.orgniwien.ac.at>
Date: 06/05/2014 11:44 AM
Sent by: MQSeries List <MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80QeFbOYke1v4oOpTq8/***@public.gmane.org><mailto:MQSERIES-JX7+OpRa80QeFbOYke1v4oOpTq8/***@public.gmane.org>>
________________________________

I am planning to use the WMQ HTTP Bridge for the first time in a production environment. I can see our use expanding in the future.
Are there any issues or gotchas that I should be aware of before I take the plunge?

This message, including any attachments, is the property of Sears Holdings Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries. It is confidential and may contain proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it without reading the contents. Thank you.

________________________________

________________________________

Satellite Information Services Limited. Registered Office: Whitehall Avenue, Kingston, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK10 0AX. Company No. 4243307

The information in this email (which includes any files transmitted with it) is confidential and is intended for the addressee only. Unauthorized recipients are required to maintain confidentiality. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately, destroy any copies and delete it from your computer system.

Wang, John
2014-06-05 19:18:26 UTC
I tested WMQ HTTP Bridge deployed in JBoss 5.1 GA, which is the major J2EE platform for us. It works just fine. But, we have not put it production yet. Are you going to use WebSphere AS or other J2EE for the WMQ HTTP Bridge?

Thanks,

John Wang

Coombs, Lawrence
2014-06-05 22:59:25 UTC
We have tested it with WebSphere Application Server.