strmqtrc inadvertently turning off after connection disconnect
Tim Zielke
2014-05-15 13:03:43 UTC
I did open a PMR on this issue, and it ended up being a bug with tracing. It looks like when you have a program that creates more than one connection per thread (i.e. with using the MQCNO_HANDLE_SHARE_BLOCK connect option), the first DISC will turn off the trace and any previous existing connections will no longer write out their trace information for that thread. I was able to recreate the issue with the amqsput0.c sample in 7.0.1, 7.1 and 7.5. IBM is working on an APAR, and I have tested out successfully their fix. Also, the AAT (Application Activity Trace) does not appear to have this issue, so you can use that as a sanity check if you feel you are running across this issue with tracing (I felt like I was taking crazy pills, when I first encountered it).

Thanks,
Tim